Car wrapping

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Galant is black, what would look good wrapped?? Was going to do roof and grille?? Or roof and bonnet??

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Bumping an old thread as I have done what's been discussed. Didn't evn read this before I went and did it. Here are some results of carbon fiber wrap on roof and bonnet on a Pyrenees black legnum. Cost was $250 for 3mtrs by 1500mm.

And I totally agree. U can't beat the black paint. I only did it cause the paint was fading. So was cheap alternative to getting it resprayed

4u6aqu5y.jpg

yqyzajag.jpg

ve6yrynu.jpg

e2agyvyt.jpg

G

Unregistered
Looks pretty tough. If you get the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid wax, it doesnt leave residue on the vinyl and you can polish the shit out of it and get a good coat of shiny clear on there, it also prevents bird shit/sap etc from damaging the vinyl.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Looks pretty tough. If you get the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid wax, it doesnt leave residue on the vinyl and you can polish the shit out of it and get a good coat of shiny clear on there, it also prevents bird shit/sap etc from damaging the vinyl.

I heard some waxes can damage the vinyl wrap. Was thinking about clear coating it but I heard u can loose the effect of the carbon weave with vinyls. So was very wary. I'm just using the meguires spray wax that's safe for rubbers and plastics. Thnx for the tough comment I wasn't sure if it was gunna be too much but I reckon it suits it pretty good.

G

Unregistered
Yeah the meguires one is similar to the Turtle Wax ice I use on my Vinyl. Safe for all plastics and rubber.
I use it on the Vinyl on my roof and 9/10 people dont realise it isnt paint!

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Where are you guys getting this wrap from? Is the stuff on ebay any good?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Unless it states 3m or avista don't get it. They have a 5 yr lifespan. They also have the air release patter for easy application. I payed $250 for 4 Mtrs from killer image in blacktown nsw.

G

Unregistered
Go to a 3M retailer that sells house paint and stuff.
It cost me $17 for a gloss black sheet big enough to do my evo roof, 3M quality with the 5 year gaurantee as well.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Hmm, so tempted to give the matte black vinyl roof a go. How tricky was it doing it yourself?

G

Unregistered
Was a bit tricky due to the roof shape and the aerial mount at the rear. Roof racks would make it impossible.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Just take ur time and get some help to first position it. After that its easy. Plenty of DIY vids on YouTube

G

Unregistered
Yeah, make sure you get a good squeegee, and use plenty of water with the.
YouTube and google should help you sort it out.

JonnyWalked

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
cody
Drive
97 Galant.
If any one in SA is looking for wraps let me know. i work at design renaissance in the Adelaide hills we do mad car wraps.

Top Bottom