CARMEN IMPORT CENTRE - MY EXPERIENCE

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Insight into my experience with Carmen Import Centre (Brendale, QLD)

With all my previous dealings with workshops building my old wrx I have come in contact with the good the bad and the 'ugly' of workshops and I must say Carmen has impressed me with not only their level of quality in their work/ their experience and also their fantastic customer service which in my opinion is worth every $$$ spent these days.

List of work done:

- Full Inspection (as it was the first time a mechanic has looked at it since I purchased it; i wanted piece of mind everything was in order and the overall running and condition of the car)
(including normal service checks; lights, brakes, tyres, etc.)
- Engine Oil Flush ~ 10w/30 used (inter-ject)
- Oil filter
- Diff Oil ~ LSX90 used (Front and Rear)
- AYC fluid ~ TQ DXiii used
- AYC full system flush - Running on hoist
- Transmission Oil ~ ELC4 SPiii used
- Transmission full flush ~ including convertor
- Labour costs (current costs are $99/hr)

Price:
I make it a point not to quote my personal price as it is a buisness and their stocking costs will vary with the australian dollar.

As a general guide for you all; GST inclusive this was sub $700.00

The overall running of the car is a lot smoother especially gear changes which are hardly noticeable now as we suspect the incorrect oil was used in my transmission previously.

Overall impression of the staff:
Chris, Liz, Troy were the people I was in contact with.

Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable; more then happy to answer any questions I had about the car or in general. They dropped me off to the local shopping centre and were more then happy to pick me up also once the service was complete; This is something you get used to when you deal with the big dealerships but no so much with a specialized workshop.

As stated above their customer service was excellent; explained everything in detail; advised on little things that could be something to look at in the future and also of their other services (importing/compliance/wheels/parts); however it was conversational only at no time did I feel pressured to buy anything.

Chris drives a legnum as his daily (which I was picked up in), he has a understanding of mitsubishi very well and is more then happy to talk about their running or make suggestions on service intervals and/or parts needed or not really needed.

Troy the workshop manager has over 20 years experience with Subaru; however they both service multiple makes and models ranging from Supra's, Evo's, Rexy's to even your general local makes.

I can vouch for their service and quality; I will certainly be returning for my regular services. For any others in Brisbane region looking to have their car done the right way, this is your one stop shop!

Their details:
Carmen Import Centre
2/260 Leitchs Road
Brendale

Ph:07 3881 1800

G

Unregistered
I can vouch for their service and quality; I will certainly be returning for my regular services. For any others in Brisbane region looking to have their car done the right way, this is your one stop shop!

thats where i got myne from also top notch service . havent had a chance to catch up with them yet or even take some nice photos of my car

these things are just too much fun to be sitting there !!

+++++carmen import

G

Unregistered
i can also vouch for these guys, have been dealing with them since i bought the car off them a little over a year ago, great service, no pressure and good prices

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Sounds good but bloody too far from the Gold Coast

I would drive it just to have the great customer service; its something that everywhere else seems to have forgotten about no matter what prices you are paying.

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
8th Generation 1996 Galant VR-4 Pre Facelift
I also agree that Carmen are a good work shop, Craig and Liz are great to deal with and will help you out the best they can. I got my clutch done there and Daniel did a great job.

P.S. It was also where I brought my 8th Gen Galant from

G

Unregistered
wow the northside population is really growing hehe any who , who is going to the cruise tomoz night ???

reminder:
When: Friday 30th January 2009
Where: The Hyperdome at Loganholme, the carpark across the road from the Servo.
Time: 7pm (grab dinner first? or are we going to make it a dinner meet then cruise?)
What: You and your ride, maybe a clue as well? =P
Who: QLD OZVR4 MEMBERS

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4558&page=4

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
I have also had a very good experience with Carmen. I have posted elsewhere about their service, but I'll add my vote here too.

They were unable to help with my ASC problem, but then nobody else has either (Lowe, APC). However they told me straight up they didn't have much to go on about it.

For all my other services they have been great.

They also did my compliance - very quick and great service.

G

Unregistered
Also have had great experiences with Carmen. When I bought my Legnum Craig spent a pressure free couple of hours with me on a Saturday test driving two different cars (auto and manual) on different types of road. Great for someone who had not driven these cars before.

My decision to buy from Carmen was justified when clutch was replaced under warranty when this started slipping soon after purchase (no I didn't abuse it and it wasn't obvious at point of sale) I just paid the difference for the Exedy HD clutch which I wanted.

Couldn't recommend Carmen highly enough for anyone looking to buy a Legnum / Galant.

It is also great to be able take your car to be serviced by someone who knows your vehicle and has access to parts. You know you won't be paying for their learning curve.

Professional and friendly...keep up the good work.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
when i get my car back on the road itll need a service,i think i know who ill be going to,even if its over an hours drive.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Sweet!! This gives me a good feeling..I am getting my 100,000m service there next month

Scuffman

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tony
Drive
Black Legnum VR4 Series II, with Recaros, Momo Steering Wheel & OZ Sat Nav.
I have to vouch for them too. We've had 3 different cars serviced by them (incl one VR4 that we bought from them). I agree with everything you all have said & can't recommend them highly enough!

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Looks like popular vote has mate them #1 place in brisbane to get work done :p

Also; They stock and can order plenty of OEM parts; While I was there I picked up a genuine replacement single DIN bay as I had been using a generic one that stuck out like a swore thumb :p

Top Bottom