UK ClubVR4 is currently down

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Well, thats the last proposition I throw your way, thats it the romance is over.

G

Unregistered
Thought I'd clicked on the wrong thread then. But no it's the right one.lol

G

Unregistered
See, thats what I mean, Aussie girls aren't sexy. I bet that at the moment Kiera Knightley is sitting somewhere in England wearing a g-string and bra curled up in front of the fire just thinking about how awesome turbos and VR-4's are, and I bet she is doing it with a hot british accent too!

...And if she was, she'd also be thinking 'I hope that restraint order I got through the courts stops that goat-molesting weirdo from NZ from taking photographs of me whilst I shower.....'

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Depends on what you are looking for I guess?

Right, I'm going to bed, I just don't know whether to look forward to cvr4 tomorrow morning or not!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I'm completely sober. Just spent an hour getting a 2001 half cut into my shed. There are now 5 6A13 motors at my house!

I've also inherited an auto gearbox, facelift hub carriers, a silver dash, air bags, transfer case, entire front suspension and brakes and so on.

Just need to get rid of that auto box!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Heh, courier might be a bit expensive. I feel sorry for the guy, and I beleive it is about the first autobox failuer we've seen in a car that has had good oil, regular changes and a trans cooler.

G

Unregistered
ouch, and it had an oil cooler, hmmmmm food for thought

G

Unregistered
Hello everyone.

Sorry about today ... it was a bit of a bummer to get up at 6.30am to find the site down again and then having to fix it!

Trying to juggle keeping the current site running whilst working on the migration is quite challenging at the moment. Especially when you are doing 11 hours days at work!

Anyway, I left the backup file (which is 7GB in size!) downloading to my Linux PC at home this morning. The ETA for the download was estimated around 7-8 hours. So, if it completes OK (which is not guaranteed!!) the site could be back up some time after when I get home tonight ...

G

Unregistered
Hi Peter..

Hows you ?

Any idea of when the UK site will be up n runnin ?

G

Unregistered
Not bad .
Wayne thought about 8 to 9 hours from when he closed it this morning as long as the data was saved without any problems.

G

Unregistered
Not bad .
Wayne thought about 8 to 9 hours from when he closed it this morning as long as the data was saved without any problems.
Aaah Ok .. Thannx for that.. Should be up n running by the time at work tonight :D
For a minute i thougt i was gonna have to do some work ! At work ? :ROFLMAO:

C'mon Wayne... Don't let us down :D

G

Unregistered
Unfortunately, I am not to blame ... it's the rubbish performance that we have got with our current server at Hosting Unlimited that means I have to take the forum offline just to download the backup file.

I had tried three times before and every attempt failed due to connection issues. This time I am downloading the file using SCP on my Linux box (which seems to be more reliable) and with the forum offline it means there is less change of the connection dropping out.

I popped home at lunchtime to check on the download status and it was at 49% and had not dropped so if things keep going the way they are then we will be back online tonight.

This also means I will be able to start uploading the site to the new suppa-duppa server.

Top Bottom