Compatible rear differentials.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I used 3mm washers and only had to use 3. But it works.

Les

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Leslie
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
1976 Ford Cortina TD
Hoping someone can help me out, Had my car up on the hoist today, looks like the ayc diff is starting to weep a bit of oil.. FINALLY an excuse

Will any awd rear magna lsd fit up? (With spacers of course) or is there an exact year model/variant?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hoping someone can help me out, Had my car up on the hoist today, looks like the ayc diff is starting to weep a bit of oil.. FINALLY an excuse

Will any awd rear magna lsd fit up? (With spacers of course) or is there an exact year model/variant?

any TJ magna in AWD model will work. Not sure if what else is required though

carbonfiber

Idling at the Lights
First Name
curtis
Drive
04 wk grange
99 legnum vr4
Bit of a thread revival but has anyone used a evo 3 mechanical centre in a open type v before

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Not that I know of but I had an evo 1 RS mech center apart last week and its identical to a 4-9 one except its 2 way not 1 way

J_banger

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
So it should work? hmm I may have to be a Guinea pig

Hey man,
Heaps of us here have done it!
It's an amazing upgrade and bolts straight into the open diff centre.

They also fit into Magna rear diff housings but you need to change the drivers side CV cup

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
This maybe usefull - Evo 7 inner rear cv joints fit ayc and sayc on our vehicles. Requires use of Evo 7 driveshafts because the tripod style cv is wider than the standard style cage and ball-bearing cv and won't allow the circlip to be fitted on the end of the driveshaft. Driveshafts are the same length. Not sure if outer cv and abs ring fits, need to have a closer look when I get a chance.

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
I have an Evo 3 plate type centre. An ex-member on here put an Evo 3 plate centre into his open diff as well, it worked fine.

The LSD centres all have the same part number from Evo 2-8. Evo 1's had a viscous LSD which is a different story, from memory only in the GSR?

J_banger

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
I have an Evo 3 plate type centre. An ex-member on here put an Evo 3 plate centre into his open diff as well, it worked fine.

The LSD centres all have the same part number from Evo 2-8. Evo 1's had a viscous LSD which is a different story, from memory only in the GSR?
I believe the viscous would be very much like the AWD Magna rear LSD, the EVO plate style LSDs fit perfectly into the housings

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Bringing up an old post. But has anyone driving with a sayc and a evo plate lsd? How did you find them. Good and bad points for each.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
For those fitting a Magna LSD and who dont want to use spacers, the diff covers are interchangeable.

I swapped mine over.

IMG_20200731_211139_01.jpg

IMG_20200731_211925_01.jpg

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Just outta curiosity with the Magna Rear diff LSD from what year to what year are the ones that can be swapped into the Galants/Legnums ?

Because there’s the earlier one like 1998 and there are 2004 models, or will they all work with the original axles ?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Just outta curiosity with the Magna Rear diff LSD from what year to what year are the ones that can be swapped into the Galants/Legnums ?

Because there’s the earlier one like 1998 and there are 2004 models, or will they all work with the original axles ?

Any AWD magna... TJ AWD onwards (2002+)

You will need the RH inner CV. I'm trying to chase one now, not having much luck.

Edit: Need the LH CV too

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Here's some photos of inner cv difference.

Driveshafts with black CVs is OEM Rh rear for open diff. Green is AWD magna.

IMG_20200811_170008_01.jpg
IMG_20200811_170004_01.jpg

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Technically need the LH CV too, the LH CV spline is 8-10mm shorter.

I'm running the VR4 LH CV, and seal appears to be sealing. Will post back if I have any issues.

Top Bottom