Not open for further replies.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
As you know, internal cargo cannot be sent. Depends how far you shove internally right? ;)

*cough* turbo timer, Apexi lap timer, Pioneer Carrozzeria 7" LCD screen *cough*

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I bet he says that to all the girls - er, boys :)

Heath said mine was the nicest he'd seen so ner :p

Seriously though, glad to hear it's in good condition, it would've be a crime against humanity if that beautiful front bar had been damaged in transit.

Lee

LOL I spoke to Ben today and he said that mine was one of the best they'd seen...

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
okay my comments said that you CAN get a REBATE, not total refund, seaway will refund around $250 from the cost of truck shipping, i dont know if they allow internal cargo or not i dont have any so i have no idea if its allowed. it is going to cost me around $600 to get my car direct to my door from Shogun in brisbane so around 1300km's for around $600 seaway will then refund me around $250 to do this.
what my issue was is the car was to go between capital cities it would still be too far away and still cost huge amounts to ship, at least going direct and just getting the rebate i only have to pay around $300 - 350 to get it to my door.

Are you sure it's Seaway that rebate, cos I'm having a hard time with shipping I was originally quoted $200-$250 for mine to Adelaide and I just got the bill for $507 which was a shock. Then I tried to organise something with Nicola the Sales Manager and let's just say er... nothing... :(

G

Unregistered
My story gets worse - $380 to get my own parts down from QLD - no rebate possible.

Plus I was charged $77 for packing by shogun and the packing job looks like it was done by a blind invalid with no hands!

The front bar was the only part that looked like it took more than 2 seconds to pack - and even that was not packed well enough and the SINGLE layer of bubble wrap around it was worn through during transport leaving the paint to rub off of it! :(

Plus because the car ended up coming down by rail - I have to go and pick it up or pay another $77 to have it trucked from Dry creek to my house!!??

So I am probably going to spend $33 on a temp permit to drive it home - what shits me is that J-spec told me that there was a 1 month temp permit option and it seems there isn't - $33 = 1 day, $48 = 3 days... :(

So I hope to hell I can get the car registered in 1 attempt...

As it stands it is going to cost at least 2 x $33 for temp permits or 1 x $33 + 1x$48...

I will probably take the latter option because even though Shogun claimed they complied the car to AU standard they didn't (on the dotars website they claimed it was raised to 13.5cm!!???) - they replaced my TEIN adjustables with my stocks but this left the car still to low 9.5cm instead of 10+ cm required by law.

And have suggested that I should refit my TEIN suspension to get her through but that my suspension adjustable collar was rusted in place and they could not be bothered to spray it with some WD40 to loosen it - which is what Ben from Shogun suggested is all I may need to do - problem is I don't have the tool even if I can unstick it! - more $$$

And then Regency may turn around and say - nup no aftermarket shocks and i will be stuffed as my stock ones leave the car to low when the front bar is fitted - which is my next challange!

What shits me is that my front bar now needs re-spraying and I don't want to fit it back to the car until this is done - as this will just add more costs... but I have to have a front bar to register the car....

Might just take one of the side skirts off that also needs a spray - and take it along with the front bar to be sprayed whilst I work on the car - but I think from the look of things that I wont be driving her (registered) anytime soon!!!

</SULK>

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Matt the rebate only applies to cars that are shipped through Kiwi Car Carriers, yours was shipped through Mitsui. Seaway, who handle Kiwi Car Carriers' business here in Australia, also operate as customs brokers, which is why you were in contact with them.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah that's harsh... It's almost enough to make a grown man get a Commodore next time... Oh no did I just say that? A Commodore wtf!

*Fark man he MUST be pissed...*

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
oh yeah good Point Kristian sorry forgot to mention that

mine came through seaway and Kiwi so i get the rebate

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Matt the rebate only applies to cars that are shipped through Kiwi Car Carriers, yours was shipped through Mitsui. Seaway, who handle Kiwi Car Carriers' business here in Australia, also operate as customs brokers, which is why you were in contact with them.

I was just looking for another way... As you know my budget is stretched... Also I'll add my invoice is from Seaway, that's why I thought that...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Yeah that's harsh... It's almost enough to make a grown man get a Commodore next time... Oh no did I just say that? A Commodore wtf!

*Fark man he MUST be pissed...*

Wash your mouth out with soap, young fella! lol

Nearly there tiger - all will be forgotten once you come on-boost for the first time :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah sorry kids...

Kristian I want my car NOW! Do you know what it's like driving around in this...

Do you know how many drags I'm not winning? Btw I didn't take that photo... Stand in front of the sun, loser....

Micra.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sheesh James, that's tough...

I have to admit this makes me VERY cautious about the whole Shogun thing... I know my car is 100% stock so shouldn't need to be pulled apart at all, but this kind of dodgy, don't-give-a-shit attitude is VERY concerning from anyone who comes within 6 feet of your car... Let alone people who are actually working on it! :(

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Yeah sorry kids...

Kristian I want my car NOW! Do you know what it's like driving around in this...

Do you know how many drags I'm not winning? Btw I didn't take that photo... Stand in front of the sun, loser....

Micra.jpg

*snigger* Damn, boy, I'm feeling your pain now - a few thousand M&Ms somewhere are missing their outer colour lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom