Status
Not open for further replies.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah that is a hassle, we have Cima and W35 Stagea test car's at the moment.
We have a Legnum that will go through Completes once yours is done and then my Galant.
So I guess thanks are in order, lol.
I will see if I can get you some pics and a progress report some time in the week.

Cheers,
Jason

You're a champ Jase ;) Thanks!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
So Jason, do you work at shogun?

No I dont mate, I am in Adelaide. I dont think it would be fair to advertise where I work on here, but everyone is free to pm me if they need help with their cars here in Adelaide

Cheers,
Jason

G

Unregistered
hmmm strange - Shogun must have some deal with Pack and send - I had never heard of them before you mentioned them and now they are trying to suggets I use them instead of Toll??

Thoughts?

I am getting picked up
1 x exhaust
4 x 18" rims
4 x TEIN suspension (even though I was told that these were still on the car - seems the guys don't tell Ben everything as he is still new)

Sounds though that they put my skirts back on but lost some of the screws - not happy :( but at least I do not have to refit them myself - although one does need a re-spray and they both need to be double sided taped to keep them flush.... so leaving them off would not have been such a bad thing.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
so James, did everything need to be removed for compliance? I thought they would do the usual stuff (like flusing out all fluids etc, the regular compliance stuff), and then leave the rest (such as exhaust/wheels/bodykit) etc for when it comes to adelaide?

Im not liking the idea of needing the wheels, exhaust and bodykit sent by post from QLD to SA.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Hmm, none of that stuff was taken off my car when it was up there (zorst, susp, rims) why have they done it on yours??

G

Unregistered
The body kit was left on in the end but as I had my own stock wheels they put those on and the 18" 's along with the non-stock suspension and non-stock exhaust are being shipped seperately as Kiwi car carriers, oz trucking division, will not allow for cargo in the car :(

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
The body kit was left on in the end but as I had my own stock wheels they put those on and the 18" 's along with the non-stock suspension and non-stock exhaust are being shipped seperately as Kiwi car carriers, oz trucking division, will not allow for cargo in the car :(

ahh i thought these are the parts that were removed for compliance and replaced with stock parts.

So these extra parts (like the suspension and exhaust) came as extras in the boot of your car from japan?

G

Unregistered
Because I had the originals in the car so they did not have to use their own and leaving it on there makes it easier for me to go to regency for rego - although I still need to take out the BOV and make sure they have hidden the turbo timer well first.

just means that now I am going to have to refit some stuff myself.

The suspension was my greatest fear - I did not want to refit it!

But they said the Adjustable collar was rusted in place on them they could not height adjust as such they opted instead to take them out :(

So if I was to put them back on and wanted them higher I would need to try to loosen them which if they could not do so I would have bugger all chance - or cut the collar off and hope I can source a new one. Plus I did not have the tool to adjust my TEIN on my FTO so how am I supposed to on these :(

G

Unregistered
My other fear though is that even with the stock suspension on, with the kit on the front is actually only 9.5cm clear of the ground - and the Oz limit is 10 or so I am told and even getting close to ten would likely make the Guys at regency go over my car with a fine tooth comb!!!

Shoguns suggestion was if I see them about to take a measurement - quickly jump on the back of the car to raise the front!! :)

G

Unregistered
So anyone really, really warn against pack and send with good reasons??

G

Unregistered
Warning - Stress releasing Rant follows

F'kn hell!!!!!

I so wish I had the car complied in SA now!!

At this stage I am now going to have to refit:
4 x suspension (with rusted adjustable collars - yay good luck to me)
4 x wheels (ok not so bad)
Take off the BOV and refit later (as long as the R33 parts fit an R34 engine this may be ok...)
Change back the exhaust - Have to Borrow my cousins jack for this - or use mums shed with the pit, else no chance to get under the car.

And now refit the front spoiler kit. This took pros an hour to take off with all of their tools - so what chance do I have putting it back on when I have no idea how it came off. Plus they lost screws with the side skirts so I wonder what they will loose with the front bar...

Also by the sounds of it, it is potentially to low (by 0.5cm) so I wonder if they will allow me to rego the car with it not fitted (oh yeah - that gaping hole at the front of the car... yeah... umm I have the front bar at the shop getting sprayed... that's cool isn't it... no? oh.... ah.... do you accept bribes?? :) )

On top of all this they want to charge me $70 for labour to wrap up my tyres and muffler - bloody hell!! and now they have to add the front bar as well - wrapping that is going to be a bitch!

Not only that shipping is based on weight - and as I can not put any of this stuff in the back of the car I am looking at 125 to 145Kg at $3.50 / kg via Toll add ???Kg's for the front bar and I am probably going to be looking at around $600 for trucking my own f'n parts down separately + $70 or more dollars for RCN to pack it...

All because kiwi wont allow "cargo" in the cars when they truck them - surely i could sign some disclaimer about internal damage??

And If I can not remove and fit some of the above parts myself I will have to pay some one to do it for me!!!

Amazing isn't it - I ranted about this shit being a potential outcome of having a modded car complied in QLD and J-spec said - nah you are over reacting - you'll be right mate - guess what - I was right - this sucks!!

Between the tyres I did not want and all this extra trucking costs and mechanical work after the fact that I am going to have to do I am going to be Between $1000 and $1500 further out of pocket than if I complied in Adelaide...

Damn - who would import cars - to many known unknowns that just by thinking about them happening causes them to become reality!!!

I alway say to people - calculate the total cost of your car - using a calculator like mine and then just for the hell of it add $1000 to $2000 extra for random shit happening - and then that will be more like the true cost - and so far I have been right with every car I have ever imported.

Although this one is going to hurt even more as the front bar was damaged during shipping a more than it was to start with so I am going to have to also pay for the front bar and at least one of the side skirts to be re-sprayed so given that I have pearl paint add another $1000 or so.... plus the under side may need some rust proofing / treatment...

This car may have just jumped up to $5000 more than what I had planned on spending... I could have bought a V35 for that!! :(

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Try ringing Finemores (Ithink thats how its spelt) I am pretty sure they carry from here to Brisvagas. I find it a bit stupid for them not to let you put whatever the hell you want in the back of your car.
I am sure there are a few others that would bring it down for you.
Have you considered a $160 Virgin flight to Brissy and load the sucker up and drive it home, With a permit of course or borrow a trade plate for the weekend.

Goodluck,
Jason

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sorry to hear about your troubles, James - that's a raw deal indeed :( But thanks for letting us know about it - keep us informed as to how it goes!

G

Unregistered
Yeah - but the kiwi car trucking is free - part of the shipping fee - it is just the hassle with the extra's that is the problem... - and not sure I want to do that many Km's in my car before I get a real good service done...

Such a shame the gov screwed Leader around with their plate allocation...

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yep, that really sucks James. Exactly why I didnt want my car to be complied in QLD, but at the time there was no way knowing when the Adelaide workshop would have been able to start complying Legnums, so it would have been a big risk (ie could end up waiting forever like Paul has).

I got some good news today though. Ben moved my car today out of the storage shed, and said that my car is absolutely mint, inside and out, and mechanically. He said its one of the best Legnums at shogun at the moment (and they have 20 of them). No clear date on when it will be ready though, just waiting on Dotars.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
He said its one of the best Legnums at shogun at the moment (and they have 20 of them). No clear date on when it will be ready though, just waiting on Dotars.

I bet he says that to all the girls - er, boys :)

Heath said mine was the nicest he'd seen so ner :p

Seriously though, glad to hear it's in good condition, it would've be a crime against humanity if that beautiful front bar had been damaged in transit.

Lee

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
hey guys did you know that no matter who you ship through you still get the same rebate on shipping that seaway give you directly, just need to give them the receipt and they rebait the 180 or 280 or whatever it was that they credit you, i am doing the same and using Autotrans to ship the car direct to me rather then going via capital cities. talk to seaway they will tell you all you need and sort it out

G

Unregistered
So you are telling me I did not have to go through kiwi cars? and that I would have potentially been able to have cargo with another trucker???

If this is true then Ben at J-spec has some explaining to do!!! $600+ worth of explaining!!

I also thought that my trucking was 100% free based on the port of delivery being other than my home port under some clause... but that I had to use their trucking company - but if Kiwi trucking is independent from the shipping company and I could have selected anyone then... not happy!!!!

BTW - careful Gilly - Ben from Shoguns may have been playing a carefully thought out game with you - I also spoke to him today and when he started to tell that I was getting a little concerned about costs etc - he suddenly changed the topic and started saying how immaculate my car was - it is "mint mate" was his exact words - funny that - I think it may be a tactic to make you grin like an idiot and forget your woes!

(BTW sorry to dampen your high - but just thought I would let you know)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Jeez James relax will you - Seaway only provide internal freight to Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide on behalf of Kiwi, because Kiwi only drop cars off in Brisbane. It was the only way Kiwi could be competitive with the other shipping lines who actually go to those ports.

If you use Seaway to also do your customs broking, they subtract the transport costs from the initial bill. They always used Toll/Autotrans and can get far better rates for transport than I ever can.

I've never tried it, but I doubt, for example, that Kiwi would allow you to subtract a $600 transport bill from an alternate transport company from a shipping bill that was only $1100 or so - if so you could hire a flat bed and drive it down for $3000 or so, and they'd be $2000 in the red. Doesn't make much sense from a business perpective.

I saw Gilly's car myself in Japan - I KNOW it's a good car!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom