Not open for further replies.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
WARNING: May contain traces of peanuts... well, nuttiness at the very least.

*hums to himself* If anyone has seen the Nickelodeon cartoon series Invader Zim, I've been compared to "GiR" (I'm not too sure if it's a compliment) before. You must understand that in my professional life, I work as an Instructor who must be cool, calm, collected and entertaining to keep my clients' attention spans in check.

However, when I'm in my "off" time... I go ever so slightly mental. Like when I'm on here for example. Yes, I over-kill the smiley-faces but when you eventually meet me (and my/scott's/mitchy's/craig's/some Japanese guy's Super VR-4), you'll see why. I'm glad I'm keeping you ladies and gents entertained :p

Back on-topic (otherwise, it becomes the whole music/speaker/vinyl/cd rant again), I'm just hanging out for it. It's weird to already start repayments (one ahead already... nice lil' tactic to knock off a fair bit of interest from the start!) and all I have so far are a few texts, some PMs and a PDF from the transporters as a receipt.

Bring it on I say :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Ok, update today. Just called Megan and Ben returned the call as well when they had details. Very helpful at a busy time like now, so thank-you!

The Super VR-4 is still @ Shogun after having been complianced and didn't arrive with the others who are now sitting in Laverton (VIC). It's ready to go, and will be picked up for delivery down south next Monday or Tuesday.

Works for me though. I'm interstate (and no, you can't rob my house. Others live there you see :D ) all this week. Anyone in Perth next week for me to say "g'day" to? Cheers!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok, update today. Just called Megan and Ben returned the call as well when they had details. Very helpful at a busy time like now, so thank-you!

The Super VR-4 is still @ Shogun after having been complianced and didn't arrive with the others who are now sitting in Laverton (VIC). It's ready to go, and will be picked up for delivery down south next Monday or Tuesday.

Works for me though. I'm interstate (and no, you can't rob my house. Others live there you see :D ) all this week. Anyone in Perth next week for me to say "g'day" to? Cheers!

lucky you! what date did your super arrive at shogun?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Gilly, here's how mine went

...the beginning of time: Perving on the Legnum

08/08/2007: Rang Scott (drifter-x). Mine!
13/08/2007: Ship delayed a day
14/08/2007: Ship arrives (Tuesday) but Brisbane has a public holiday.
17/08/2007: Quarantine passed, transferred to Shogun for Compliance
23/08/2007: Plate approved :D, Compliance completed.
07/09/2007: Contacted Shogun, car will be departing by road 10-11/09/2007 bound for Melbourne.

Stay tuned!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Man! Yours landed the same day mine did but got straight through customs and compliance. Mine is still waiting on a plate - u lucky thing!

Lee

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
damn! mine was at shogun a week before yours and i dont think they have even started!

G

Unregistered
Gilly, here's how mine went

...the beginning of time: Perving on the Legnum

08/08/2007: Rang Scott (drifter-x). Mine!
13/08/2007: Ship delayed a day
14/08/2007: Ship arrives (Tuesday) but Brisbane has a public holiday.
17/08/2007: Quarantine passed, transferred to Shogun for Compliance
23/08/2007: Plate approved :D, Compliance completed.
07/09/2007: Contacted Shogun, car will be departing by road 10-11/09/2007 bound for Melbourne.

Stay tuned!

the first half of that is your old (now my) car isnt it?

cause my old (now your) car was at shogun for about a month... :(

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Sorry, yes it was. That's how it "jumped the queue" Mitchy. But at least yours is unscathed however :)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
OK update from Ben, the new bloke working at Shogun who was extremely forthright and helpful.

They've run into fairly major problems with lack of compliance plates being available and many cars aren't looking like being plated until *gulp* mid-October. Gilly, I suspect yours falls into this category.

It's not much consolation, but I have my own Civic Type R up there which has been waiting for over 2 months for compliance now, and will also not be complied until then, so I'm in the same boat as many of you.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
OK update from Ben, the new bloke working at Shogun who was extremely forthright and helpful.

They've run into fairly major problems with lack of compliance plates being available and many cars aren't looking like being plated until *gulp* mid-October. Gilly, I suspect yours falls into this category.

It's not much consolation, but I have my own Civic Type R up there which has been waiting for over 2 months for compliance now, and will also not be complied until then, so I'm in the same boat as many of you.

Ben got back to me via email and said he will have some photos of my car by tomorrow morning, as well as an ETA. He mentioned they ran out of plates, and are waiting on new plates which should roll over very soon.

Hopefully that "very soon" wont be mid-october - that would suck! If so, I might have to buy a temporary car (interested in a suzuki alto RSR).

G

Unregistered
hmmm mine (the stagea) also arrived at the same time... was due to be done by this Wednesday or so I was told by Ben from RCC last email - they also kindly took some photos of the car for me in their workshop.

Appears to have arrived with minimal extra damage... although the side skirts where off the car in the shots they sent me and the front parking lights appeared to be not mine in the shots (had a gap between them and the body kit that did not exist previously...)

I have asked the question of Ben / Health what the story is - I am hoping they had to remove / change the skirts and lights just for compliance'ing and that the bits are still with the car ready for when it gets sent down.

Otherwise I am going to be majorly p'd off!

I hope that Mine does not get caught up in this lack of plates as the Stageas are supposed to have been an easier job... plus mid October would mean back into the realms of when SA - Leader had their next lot of plates in...

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 13
  • now.JPG
    now.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 14
  • light_change.jpg
    light_change.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF7921.JPG
    DSCF7921.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 15
G

Unregistered
Fuck! Kris, any word on which cars are on that list? I was told the plates were coming through on the 15th (this Sat).

Leigh

G

Unregistered
I have a Cima sitting their as well but I still have to wait in the same line even though I know him personally and my two business spend a lot of money now and in the future.

I don't expect and know he doesn't give any special treatment which is a point I thought you guys would like to know.

G

Unregistered
Well seems my car went through quite quickly - I just paid today so hopefully have her in my hands shortly (depending on transport).

Then it will be time to go through the stress of taking her to Regency... and then re-fitting all the aftermarket parts.

Shogun / RCN did well - price was good - would have been even better if they did not buy tyres like I had asked them not to - but they did...

Anyone want a set of Stagea Mags with brand new tyres on them??? I hate waste - and putting new tyres on Rims I will never use is a bit of a shit.

I just hope I can sell them for some decent $$ to recoupe my money!

All up compliance + Tyres = $3328. But I will need to add some more $$ for trucking of my "extra bits" down to SA if Kiwi spits chips about them being in the back.

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
Good that it went through quick and they kept the bits for you. Tyres is a bummer. I now fear the same will happen to me, as I told them not to get new tyres as I wont be keeping them and they said ok, so hope they dont buy them now.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
What is the time frame from landing at the port to delivery to Shogun ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom