Status
Not open for further replies.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok here's how mines going... (Approx times, pretty accurate though)

14/05/2007: Bought car...
05/06/2007: Chucked on a ship...
26/06/2007: Ship arrived...
30/06/2007: Quarantine passed, transferred to River City for Compliance
06/07/2007: River City advised that it would be ready the next week... (Yeah right)
30/07/2007: Transferred to Shogun, pretty much I've been told that it'll be 1 - 2 weeks from then... Called last week and I was adv that it would be done on Monday the 10th Sept, called on the 12th it has been delayed by another week...

I'm getting no updates now so I have to call every week no one calls me!!!

Shit crap fucked crap shit.... I sold my other car so I have no car now (my fault I know) but really... It's been 4 months now....

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

Sorry for the whinge...

G

Unregistered
7/06/2007: paid service fee to j-spec...
11/06/2007: paid for the car...
14/08/2007: was the initial departure date - 2 months to get on a ship??
15/08/2007: Ship arrived... Yes that is right it arrived a day after it was supposed to depart?? lucky me! :) bit of a mix up...
16/08/2007: Signed customs thingy
21/08/2007: Quarantine passed
23-29/08/2007: transferred to River City for Compliance some where in that time frame
04/09/2007: Ben from J-spec suggested that they where now working on my car and it should be ready late the following week.
13/09/2007: Transferred money to Shogun Inc the extra for the tyres I had asked for them not to buy... in about 3 or 4 emails so not just one! (All my emails also had the previous ones attached so theoretically more than 4 emails...)

Now I just have to wait for transport and hope that kiwi allows cargo - else I will be up for a few hundred more to get my stuff down.

So all up the biggest delay for me was getting the car onto a ship and to QLD - over 2 months!! Nasty!

The rest has been relatively painless.

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
What ever you do don't use the courier company kiwi uses for your extra bits that they won't let you put in the car. They charged me $450 to remove and transport my bumper to Katoomba in nsw, it arrived a week after the car did.The companys name is PACK and SEND, it took two fucken weeks, the most useless bastards ever.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Pack and Send are just a broker. They don't freight anything themselves. They are the most useless and expensive company in the freight business. I have had the displeasure of being on the receiving end of their service and I make sure NOONE EVER uses them whenever I have input.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
If everyone is getting charged for new tyres and they don't want them, then you need to sell them to me at a discounted rate as they are now second hand. haha :)

Well, seriously, if they will a standard set of wheels then I will need some for complience. Anyone in QLD that has had this issue.

Yes I am a cheapskate with a nice car coming.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hi Guys, I have just ordered our 2002 VR4 from Japan. I also work in the industry as a compliancer, Unfortunately we dont have compliance for VR4's :(

To answer a few questions on here,
Firstly, Jap spec tyres are illegal in AU as they carry no "E" mark and they have no manufacture date. (usually a stamped mark after the "E" or DOT mark) Something like 4406 ie 44th week of 2006 is the date of manufacture.

Secondly, companies that use a "compliance" tyre are dodgy. The vehical is suposed to be sold as complied, not changed back to jap spec for sale. If this happens, your car doesnt meet AU standards.

Thirdly, Complete Auto Dismantlers in SA is about to gain compliance for 1998 - 2002 Galant VR-4's. No this isnt a plug, they are a rival company to me, but I gotta send my car there as we dont comply them :(

Cheers,
Jason

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hi Guys, I have just ordered our 2002 VR4 from Japan. I also work in the industry as a compliancer, Unfortunately we dont have compliance for VR4's :(

Firstly, Jap spec tyres are illegal in AU as they carry no "E" mark and they have no manufacture date. (usually a stamped mark after the "E" or DOT mark) Something like 4406 ie 44th week of 2006 is the date of manufacture.

Secondly, companies that use a "compliance" tyre are dodgy. The vehical is suposed to be sold as complied, not changed back to jap spec for sale. If this happens, your car doesnt meet AU standards.

Thirdly, Complete Auto Dismantlers in SA is about to gain compliance for 1998 - 2002 Galant VR-4's. No this isnt a plug, they are a rival company to me, but I gotta send my car there as we dont comply them :(

Cheers,
Jason

Hey Jason, that car at Comp Auto is mine lol :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6

Cheers,
Jason

Gee. That really sux big time.
At least when you get it back you can check to make sure they did everything which is required and did it correctly.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Pack and Send are just a broker. They don't freight anything themselves. They are the most useless and expensive company in the freight business. I have had the displeasure of being on the receiving end of their service and I make sure NOONE EVER uses them whenever I have input.

Maybe so in other states but in Queensland they do there own. We use them at work and have never had a problem with them. We move a lot of expensive electronic equipment interstate and it always arrives it the same condition as it left. Unlike other courier company's, yes I'm pointing the finger at you "TNT". We've had equipment sent interstate for service and repair and it's arrived back the box ripped and the equipment damaged. And I'm talking about hardened military spec gear which is very hard to damage, unless of course your a ham fisted sailor. TNT take no care or responsibilty.
So far we've been very happy with Pack and Send.
Anyway each to there own and this is off topic.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Maybe so in other states but in Queensland they do there own. We use them at work and have never had a problem with them. We move a lot of expensive electronic equipment interstate and it always arrives it the same condition as it left. Unlike other courier company's, yes I'm pointing the finger at you "TNT". We've had equipment sent interstate for service and repair and it's arrived back the box ripped and the equipment damaged. And I'm talking about hardened military spec gear which is very hard to damage, unless of course your a ham fisted sailor. TNT take no care or responsibilty.
So far we've been very happy with Pack and Send.
Anyway each to there own and this is off topic.

I find it hard to believe they do their own in QLD when their head office is in NSW:
PACK & SEND SYSTEMS PTY. LTD.
Corporate Office - Australasia
6/ 43 Heathcote Road, Moorebank, NSW 2170

PHONE: 02 9822 5622
FAX: 02 9822 5677
EMAIL: admin@packsend.com.au

Edit: Didn't get to finish this post lol...I'm not starting an argument or anything :D so don't take that the wrong way mate. At the end of the day it's the delivery drivers that are responsible as they're the ones that handle the freight. The company itself is just a vessel for these guys. TNT here is really good, they have good drivers. :D

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hey Jason, that car at Comp Auto is mine lol :)

I haven't actually seen the car there, but I have to drop off a supra early next week for them to comply, so i will check it out............. if ya dont mind?

Mine should land sometime in the middle of Oct and I cant wait :D. Believe me it will get a good "trade plate" work out before it goes to Completes :p

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Put yourself in the workshop's shoes. They're there to run a sustainable business which requires cars coming in and going out.

They're always going to want to fill their order books. Taking on cars when the lead time to completion is 2 months isn't their problem at all, its good business, if people are willing wait. What should be made known is that before someone drops off their car, that they will have a 2 month wait, no more, and most probably no less. They should not promise anything better knowing it will never happen.

Look, I am sick of reading all the crap on here. So here is the skinny. From the time I recieve a car into the workshop for comliance it may be a day or two till I can get onto it (finish what I am working and such) For most cars, the entire compliance from stat to finish takes about 8hrs, some more some a lot less (EVO7 takes about 4 hrs).

Most of the delays you are getting are caused by incompatence, weather it be from the Gov fucking around with time taken to issue plates or the company involved slacking about ordering the plates. 2 months is an rediculas idea, my boss would kick my ass if I had a car sitting around that we had to store for 2 months.

only in extreme cases should that happen, usually caused by brokers buying pieces of shit that I refuse to comply until they are fixed. Then ya run into them not wanting to pay for repairs and such, but thats another story.

Anywho, I hope you all get what you want and dont have to wait too long. After all thats what we all want, isn't it?

Cheers,
Jason

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I don't know which workshop you're working at (or own) but the workshop most of the people are using in Qld is incredibly busy - if you know Erwin and co well enough, then you'll also know the Qld workshop supplies most other workshops with evidence packages too. The new manager mentioned today they have 30 Legnums alone up there getting their work done at the moment.

While the work may only take a day or two, if there is a backlog of 20 cars, then waiting times will blow out. I've got 14 cars landing in Brisbane in the next couple of weeks, probably 10 of which are going to them, so waiting times probably aren't going to improve in the near future. Think about how fast your turnaround times would be if you had 10 cars lob on your doorstep at once.

And let's not turn this into a brokers v workshops argument, because I could be here all day too ;)

G

Unregistered
Exactly. The delay on my Galant is purely due to the govt. taking it's time to send through the appropriate documentation - beyond Shogun's control. Ben and Heath could not have been any more helpful so I have no qualms about waiting.

Leigh

PS - am very drunk, so ignore me...

G

Unregistered
Heya guys, just a quick post to ask that we all make sure we're keeping tempers in check! No doubt some of you are furious, and you're welcome to voice that, but just try to keep it civil is all we're askin'.

Cheers!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I don't know which workshop you're working at (or own) but the workshop most of the people are using in Qld is incredibly busy - if you know Erwin and co well enough, then you'll also know the Qld workshop supplies most other workshops with evidence packages too. The new manager mentioned today they have 30 Legnums alone up there getting their work done at the moment.

While the work may only take a day or two, if there is a backlog of 20 cars, then waiting times will blow out. I've got 14 cars landing in Brisbane in the next couple of weeks, probably 10 of which are going to them, so waiting times probably aren't going to improve in the near future. Think about how fast your turnaround times would be if you had 10 cars lob on your doorstep at once.

And let's not turn this into a brokers v workshops argument, because I could be here all day too ;)

Look, I am not trying to start something here but if they are soooo consistantly busy, then hire some more guys.
We do get 10 or more cars in at a time, usually once every 3 weeks or so that are our cars as well as 2-3 a week for customers. I am sure if I can handle these on my own (And I aint anything special), with occasional help from the mechanics, then others can do the same.
Anyway, as mentioned mine will be getting complied by someone else so heres hoping I dont encounter the same issues that others have described on here.

Cheers,
Jason

Edit by van: go easy on the "bold" button, will ya. Cheers.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I haven't actually seen the car there, but I have to drop off a supra early next week for them to comply, so i will check it out............. if ya dont mind?

Mine should land sometime in the middle of Oct and I cant wait :D. Believe me it will get a good "trade plate" work out before it goes to Completes :p

Feel free to check it out, of course don't drive it lol :) oh oh and feel free to take more photos for me lol

Mine's been a nightmare because it was a test car.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Yeah that is a hassle, we have Cima and W35 Stagea test car's at the moment.
We have a Legnum that will go through Completes once yours is done and then my Galant.
So I guess thanks are in order, lol.
I will see if I can get you some pics and a progress report some time in the week.

Cheers,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom