Compliance at Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
well then why can't I include cargo - that must be a seaway rule then not the trucking companies.

I am looking at getting my spare stuff that they said could not be trucked down in the back of the car due to this rule trucked down also by Toll... using my work account.

So that is $600 on top of the car already being trucked separately.

So what I am saying is that is seaway sets the rule only if they are your customs broker selection then why use them? Toll themselves or Autotrans obviously had no problem with cargo in the car between the warf and Shogun so why suddenly between Shgun and SA??

Oh and I was not saying Gilly's car is not good - just that it is interesting that Ben at Shogun used Mint to describe two cars in one day. :)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The trucking companies DO NOT accept inner cargo. The towing companies with flat beds that take your car from the wharf to Shogun don't care, but no major transport companies will accept any inner cargo. It has nothing to do with Seaway.

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
ShadowKnyghtSo anyone really, really warn against pack and send with good reasons??

It took them two weeks to deliver my bumper, the car only took one week, so I had to wait and extra nine days to get my car registered because it arrived late on a friday, and that was after been told three or four different delivery dates. $450 and two weeks is pretty slow, though that price included removel of the bumper.

G

Unregistered
Oh well - I just hope work pays that trucking bill without reading it and I get away with it for free - hey I have been working here over 10 years now doing stacks of unpaid overtime... would be nice to get a little bonus...

I just hope the front bar goes back on easily - and I don't need to put the car up on a lift to do it... especially as I do not have access to one... :(

I will try to keep my rants to myself until I work out the final bill - then I will either go - ok not so bad - or I will be like that fat guy in that Monty python movie "the meaning of life" who eats to much and explodes in the restuarant - but without the food eating part! :D

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
okay my comments said that you CAN get a REBATE, not total refund, seaway will refund around $250 from the cost of truck shipping, i dont know if they allow internal cargo or not i dont have any so i have no idea if its allowed. it is going to cost me around $600 to get my car direct to my door from Shogun in brisbane so around 1300km's for around $600 seaway will then refund me around $250 to do this.
what my issue was is the car was to go between capital cities it would still be too far away and still cost huge amounts to ship, at least going direct and just getting the rebate i only have to pay around $300 - 350 to get it to my door.

G

Unregistered
i rang up about mine today.
paperwork hasnt even been filled out/submitted. :(

i was hoping to have it by my birthday on the 16th of october.. don't think that will happen now. :/

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
GOOD NEWS! mallen's car is finished!! Woo-hoo!!!

That's an understatement! No really it has been a bit of a wait but it seems to unimportant now I've got the car!!! (I've been driving a 94 Nissan Micra for the last 2 weeks, with farked suspension!)

Thank you very much Kristian, I must say that Kristian was there for the whole process even after I paid him... Thanks again mate... I'd also like to thank Shogun for being nice every time I called to nag about my car... I'd like to thank my family for supporting me through the hard months, also I'd like to thank the community here at OZVR4... Oh I hope I haven't missed anyone.... Errrrrr..... Ummmm...

Oh I'd like to thank the Government in showing me the true spirit of patience by farking around everything to do with Importing, from the shitty plate allowance to farking around with my plate application... If there only was more support from them to encourage a decent car to be made here we wouldn't have to import...

Rant>.....over....

:)

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Complying

Hey should someone invite Shogan to have their own space on the forum and from there they could update on a weekly basis the cars they are doing or got scheduled to do or just have done.

Would save them getting interupted every so often with phone calls and such and they would only have to do it once a week?

With as many cars as they have I can see why there are delays.

I got a lot outta this post but going through the 17 odd pages has really opened my eyes on what to look for and where to go and what to expect thanks for the active contribution folks.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
their actually getting their own website built at the moment with all this information on it.

G

Unregistered
Well as Far as I can tell my trucking - or should I say now - my training (it is going on a rail car) is 100% free aside from what was included in my Seaway original customs bill...

OCEAN FREIGHT Zero Rated 1,052.75
BUNKER ADJUSTMENT FEE Zero Rated 43.87
APSC & PORT SECURITY 10%=11.01 110.14
TERMINAL SECURITY LEVY IMPORTS 10%=0.15 1.50
QUARANTINE DECONTAMINATION 10%=15.50 155.00

LOCAL FREIGHT CHARGE 10%=15.00 150.00

IMPORT DOCUMENTATION FEE 10%=4.00 40.00
CUSTOM DUTY/ GST Exempt Rated 1,688.36
CUSTOMS BROKERAGE FEE 10%=16.00 160.00
QUARANTINE CHARGES Exempt Rated 43.50
QUARANTINE PROCESSING 10%=2.00 20.00

CARTAGE ex AAT BRISBANE to RCN for COMPLIANCE 10%=18.00 180.00

RETURN CARTAGE to TOLL DEPOT for DELIVERY to ADL
USED VEHICLE HANDLING OUT OF STORE 10%=4.00 40.00

As to the cargo though there is zero rebate on that expense.

With the website thing for Shogun - that is not surprising based on the fact that Ben (who replaced Daniel) is an ex IT guy...

okay my comments said that you CAN get a REBATE, not total refund, seaway will refund around $250 from the cost of truck shipping, i dont know if they allow internal cargo or not i dont have any so i have no idea if its allowed. it is going to cost me around $600 to get my car direct to my door from Shogun in brisbane so around 1300km's for around $600 seaway will then refund me around $250 to do this.
what my issue was is the car was to go between capital cities it would still be too far away and still cost huge amounts to ship, at least going direct and just getting the rebate i only have to pay around $300 - 350 to get it to my door.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Nice bit of news for you mallen.

Kristian, did anyone pick up on the Monty Python reference? :D

Mitchy, at least yours is a wash'n'rego prospect. Mine's requiring a bit of work to be done before it can be allowed onto the roads. Oh, and a word of advice to people who receive their cars... check EVERYWHERE! Including spaces such as, oh, you know, spare tyre wheel wells ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom