Diagnostic problems any idea's

G

Unregistered
Hey guys I've just done a diagnostic code check and i found that i have 4 problems. Starting with engine codes #13 inlet temperature sensor system,#24 speed sensor system <Which is probably why my speedo is not working!!>,#25 atmospheric pressure sensor system and last of all a AYC code #12 voltage power supply(supply valve) system. can any one help ,point me in the right direction are they an easy fix thanks jase.

G

Unregistered
The atmospheric and tempature sensor are built into the MAF sensor. Probably need a new MAF sensor.

Considering the type of codes you have, I would say you've had some sort of voltage surge which has gone through and damaged some sensors.

The speed sensor is located in the gearbox, very rare for them to fail.

AYC I can't comment on

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Jason, just to make sure the error codes are correct, you might want to try resetting your ECU and then see is you still get the same errors.

Dave's guess may well be right... Otherwise I'd suggest you may have some melted insulation somewhere causing a short. Its pretty weird having those sensors all go silly unless there's been some common fault such as a voltage spike or short circuit.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for that guys. I recently put a new CD player in and it shorted out so may be it all started from there.Do you just disconnect the battery to reset the ecu, cheers jase.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yep, disconnect the battery and turn your headlights on for ten minutes (probably only needs a few seconds to discharge any capacitors, but ten minutes in the minimum recommended time, so who am I to argue? ;))

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, i went to my auto electrician and he test it and said its the speed sensor. So would anyone know the part number for that one and is it possible that a magna one would fit!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I highly doubt a magna one would fit, but an Evo one might - they certainly look the same from photo's I've seen. But then they might be slightly different dimensions... Anyone with ASA will be able to check compatibility for you. I'd do it but I won't be able to take a look until tonight or tomorrow.

BTW I HIGHLY suggest you don't pay to have this replaced - its a simple case of pulling all the plastic intake pipework off, undoing a single bolt and then releasing a spring-clip. It'll take you an hour total but it's a REALLY simple job.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There appear to be quite a few models that share this part according to ASA, including the Lancer, Galant and Mirage. Here's the full list of compatible models:

CJ1A, CJ2A, CJ4A, CK1A, CK2A, CK4A, CK5AR, CK6A, CK8A, CK8AR, CL2A, CM2A, CM5A, CM8A, CN9A, CP9A, CQ1A, CQ2A, CQ5A, CR9W, CS2A, CS5AR, CS5AZ, EA1A, EA1W, EA3A, EA3W, EA4W, EA5W, EC1A, EC1W, EC3A, EC3W, EC4W, EC5A, EC5W

There are two pieces to the sensor unit:

Speedometer driven gear MD747098
Speedometer driven gear sleeve MD757541

The sleeve is the component that contains the sensor, so that's all you're likely to need :)

G

Unregistered
Thanks for that Trevor I've got a hold of one and ill have a go putting it in my self once i get it,.ll keep you posted. jase.

G

Unregistered
Also i got a price for a second hand one for $195 (rip off!!) and from my Mitsubishi parts dealer for a new one from japan was $225 so i went for the new one!!

G

Unregistered
Hey there i changed the Speedometer driven gear sleeve today and i still have no speedo any more idea's. ill try and have a bit more of a look over the wiring to see if anything has melted on the weekend.

G

Unregistered
na i got it through a Mitsubishi parts dealer myself and its non returnable so ill have to foot that one my self!! hate that.

G

Unregistered
Update on my speedo, still not working:( ive sent it to Gauge Works in Geelong Vic. And they cant get it going either so i think i might need a replacement. Does any one know what the part number is for a auto speedo cluster or does any one have a spare !! jase.

Top Bottom