MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
How do we read the auto codes. mine jumps outta 5th back to 3rd then flashess n light at me. checked for wavespring damage and allready have that upgrades done.

To read the codes it will be a series of long then short flashes, ie the TCL light flashing _ _ _ _ *pause*. . . . . indicates code 45 (if you get what I mean) There will be a very long pause between each code if you have more than one error code.

;)

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
^so the same way we read the engine codes then? earthing 2 pins together with the old paperclip then

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
now ive forgotten what pins they were for the paperclip:banghead: and cant find the bloody thread with it in:banghead::facepalm:

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
ok have checked codes with paper clip im getting abs, engine light, ayc and the nutral light constant flashing.does this mean have no trouble codes, if so why does it not bring up my transmision thats jumping out of 5th then back to 3rd with the n light flashing. really need help on trans so i can put car back on road.:cry: Ive also checked all wavesping stuff and already have the stronger one so at least i wont find a broken one in there:)

rockerpeller

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Will
Drive
TJII Magna VRX
2000 VR4 Galant Type V manual
Just thought I'd run a check. I haven't got AYC, so I don't need to worry about that. I'm getting the engine light and abs light flashing constantly with no breaks. I take it that means no codes?

Fl0w

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kalven
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Legnum.
2010 Kawasaki ninja 250cc
1996 BMW 318I.
Can anyone post a working link to workshop manual.
Original link is broken + search feature doesn't bring up.

lolohks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Oliv
Drive
Galant VR4 Ec5a
Hi guys. Today I had a weird problem with my VR4 ... I drove (gently, I promise !). Suddenly the car braked (a little), around 1 second ... And since that, I have the ASC light on my speedometer. What I understand is I need to read the error code ... I think it's related with the ASC (because of the light on my speedometer) but maybe not.

Is someone knows something about this problem ? I didn't find something to reset the ECU or ASC memory ... Just found the process to reset an ABS error code ...
Someone can help me :) ? Thanks !

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
The car applied the brakes itself?
Ideally you could read the asc error code, but disconnecting the battery for a minute should be enough to reset all errors.

lolohks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Oliv
Drive
Galant VR4 Ec5a
The car applied the brakes itself?
Ideally you could read the asc error code, but disconnecting the battery for a minute should be enough to reset all errors.

Yes the car apllied brakes itself ... Thanks for the info, I will check the code, and disconnect the battery (1-2 minutes or more ?)

willvr4nz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
will
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Super vr4 type s wagon
ok so i get engine code 71 .. 71 Vacuum Control Solenoid Valve System <T / C-A / T> .. but now I've done that my bloody engine check light is on permanently and so is TCL button .. thinking it blew a fuse grrr

ralliartvr47

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ganesh
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Guys,

So i have 2 problems.
  1. I'm Getting this code on the ABS - 33 SUTOP PURANPU SUITCHI system (ON disconnection or failure). What does this mean?
  2. My engine check light doesn't come on at all. Not even when I turn on the ignition before I start. I checked the bulbs, the fuses and still no luck. Even when pin 1 & 4 are grounded the engine check light does not come on.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ganesh

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
  1. I'm Getting this code on the ABS - 33 SUTOP PURANPU SUITCHI system (ON disconnection or failure). What does this mean?
Do your brake lights work?
I don't know who did the original translation, but if it were katakana of: SUTOPPU RANPU SUITCHI
That could possibly be
STOP LAMP SWITCH?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
it could be the brake light switch - could be on the way out, like mine did about 7 years ago

ralliartvr47

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ganesh
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Type S
I’ll check the brake light switch tomorrow. Does anyone know why my engine check light isn’t coming on? I’d really appreciate the help

Top Bottom