Drive Shaft Boots.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Repco have a set of 3(?) universal boots that I am yet to find an application they don't work with, just trim to size.

If you search universal CV boot you will find similar stuff.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Repco have a set of 3(?) universal boots that I am yet to find an application they don't work with, just trim to size.

If you search universal CV boot you will find similar stuff.

Could be an option if I can't find OEM parts.

Also I think it might be handy to have this info here with part numbers etc for people to find in the future to help with ordering.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Get The D/S inner as oem if you can just as its a hi temp silicone not rubber.
But universal rubbers are fine for the rest

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Genuine were too expensive IMO for a piece of rubber. the inner drivers side joint is made from silicon... but meh, I replaced mine with a rubber one - 2 years still looks good.

fast forward to today, the boots are still intact and not too bad shape. CVs haven't been touched since my original post in 2013.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
fast forward to today, the boots are still intact and not too bad shape. CVs haven't been touched since my original post in 2013.
@BCX - my passenger / LH inner boot is torn in two. Who did the boots for you, and from where? need mine fixed to get the car back together....

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
@BCX - my passenger / LH inner boot is torn in two. Who did the boots for you, and from where? need mine fixed to get the car back together....
Mot of us are using this

and

Unfortunately, I cant remember which is passenger and driver but FEBEST has dimensions and any repco should have above and let you check it for sizing.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Mot of us are using this

and

Unfortunately, I cant remember which is passenger and driver but FEBEST has dimensions and any repco should have above and let you check it for sizing.
Thanks mate,
i have the shaft out the car now so I might just take it in to repco and get them to measure it and provide me one ;)
Cheers

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Thanks mate,
i have the shaft out the car now so I might just take it in to repco and get them to measure it and provide me one ;)
Cheers
Not sure what Repco you go too but I worked at a fair few part time for 5 years and I could count on one hand the staff that would do that.

Repco's range of tripod style cv boots is very limited. I found 100-051 searching myself through all of the ones we had a few years back. Another member later confirmed the same when doing the same thing!

Other option is any CV shop could do it, wouldn't be over $100 if you supply the shaft I wouldn't think.

Top Bottom