Dyno Day - 19th November 2011 (GWW)

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
good turnout today guys, even though some of us may be disappointed with the results. Rob your car is nuts and me also being a VW owner big respect.

I think I know where my boost leak is coming from and I should have it rectified this week

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Nah.. the other jon..! But ive added you to now! i assume you are manual... do you have max boost and min AFR?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
FULL TABULATED RESULTS. (what i have so far)

sorry i tried to attach it as an JPG image it stuffs up and becomes unreadable as it get resized dynamically or something and its too wide.. i gave up...

my result (pearl FL Legnum, 18s) was much better up to 4500rpm than last yr (due to more low - mid boost (3 port replacing bleed valve) but then 23kw down on peak! .. so something wrong with tune up top.. but great low- mid torque, (best on the day) I just need to recover the top end now..

Attachments

• dyno ss.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 61

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
977Nm! Eddy have you been helping unbog b double kenworths or something??

nice work guys, wish i could have made it :-/.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
its not a 'true' figure..you only get a true figure on a hub dyno i think.. but it looks like the 'stock' figure for comparison is around 650 so it a lot up on stock, which is a good thing!

justdo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 evo 6.5 TME
Slinz (Tom) not a bad power figure there, I didnt think it would be around that mark, I reckon with abit more fine tuning you will get to 200kw, you must be happy with that.....

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Torque: 606.2Nm @ 96kph (RPM wasn't printed)
Power: 154.9kW @ 104kph (RPM wasn't printed)
AFR: 11.2
Peak Boost: 9psi
2001 Manual FL

Mods: 1UP Mushroom
Estimated: 140kW

Nice day guys, was good to put some faces to names. I was pretty surprised with my figures considering there's absolutely no mods and was missing in past 5000rpm. I should get most factory award haha. :p

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
You can convert torque at the wheels back to torque at the flywheel using diff and gear ratios for those interested. This will get you the figure usually quoted, flywheel torque.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Was a good day, good to chill. Lol Rob it *almost* looks good there.
Good spreadsheet! Except Dion can't win the Auto award one, it's manual. I was quite happy with Mr. Dent today, he did well considering the very limited mods he has. There were definitely some unpleasing results.

Big thanks to Dion for organising it and for making us breakfast.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Slinz (Tom) not a bad power figure there, I didnt think it would be around that mark, I reckon with abit more fine tuning you will get to 200kw, you must be happy with that.....

Yeah mate very pleased with it! I wrote down a predicted figure of 170, so that was my hopeful amount. Still sitting at 14PSI so can probably squeeze a bit out there too.

Cheers for putting it all together on the table as well Eddy :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yes was an "interesting" day. I definitely learned the difference between a safe tune and a "dyno day" tune. Sorry for the figures dion and eddy but with what I learned there is definitely more to come from these guys.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)

It was around what I would have expected Daniel....
Oh yeah, and a whopping 66.8kw from the surf;)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Interesting....Peter's and Tom's cars are runnning 11.8 and 11.6 with Stock Tunes? Something wrong there.... Either they aint stock or they have fuel issues, explains Tom's high power number also....

Jonson's car looks like it has some serious potential, rich as hell, low boost, only an intercooler and it makes 165AWKW, nice....

Lee, to me it's like last time you guys ran a dyno event, Rob had 3 maps, the highest was a quick tune map with minimal timing pulled but probably no knock on a single run with everything cool, the second most power was a more conservative tune and it made 5kW less, the last was a very conservative tune that probably never knocks and it made another 5 or 6 less.... To me you want the second or 3rd.... On a dyno day there are a few tricks as we spoke about but they should only give you another 10-15kW at most from very conservative to running on the edge....

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Mine is running slightly higher boost using an MBC. Other than that, stock.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
My vr4 pulled 167.5 - Only some slight timing adjustments. Any other details I need to post up?

Top Bottom