Dyno Day - 19th November 2011 (GWW)

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
So when's the next one guys? I'd be keen for a bit of a cruise. Either a relaxing one or one up in the twisties would be nice.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I have no idea who any of those people are. I'm a simple man lol....it's called Mr. Dent because it is dented to all f*ck.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
harvey dent = twoface from batman...sheesh lol

I was picturing harvey birdman for some reason :p

The BBQ made $42 for OZVR4, sorry Eddy that you didnt get your roll and sorry Lee we didnt fire up the BBQ again

and thanks Eddy too, for colating all the results

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Interesting....Peter's and Tom's cars are runnning 11.8 and 11.6 with Stock Tunes? Something wrong there.... Either they aint stock or they have fuel issues, explains Tom's high power number also....

Jonson's car looks like it has some serious potential, rich as hell, low boost, only an intercooler and it makes 165AWKW, nice....

Lee, to me it's like last time you guys ran a dyno event, Rob had 3 maps, the highest was a quick tune map with minimal timing pulled but probably no knock on a single run with everything cool, the second most power was a more conservative tune and it made 5kW less, the last was a very conservative tune that probably never knocks and it made another 5 or 6 less.... To me you want the second or 3rd.... On a dyno day there are a few tricks as we spoke about but they should only give you another 10-15kW at most from very conservative to running on the edge....

Toms did have the fuel map cleaned up a bit when Daniel owned it, it was based on my original SKR map.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Oh yes, Dion is a Manual - so in fact Lee was the highest KW for Auto (170Kw) and took out 'the missus loves it' award then.

Oh, hang on! Now i see.. Lee sabotaged my 183kw car with a dud flash, then quietly put his back on the dyno with a proper tune after i left.. just to take out the top Auto award! Arrgh! And that award had my name on it! ... Very cunning... i never saw it coming...... I didnt realise this competition is so cutthroat!.. Ill get you next year Lee!!! <takes off rapidly, shaking fist out window, car badly missing and backfiring...>

Anyway, ill give it a couple more days for any final numbers, and repost the updated results sheet. Dion can post it to the first page for easy reference later.

Enjoyed the day, nice to chat cars and see some new and familiar faces there!

i was quite envious of that 257 KWATW little turbo 2.8 V6 awd VW bora, it ticks all the boxes for me, (except 'wagon')... id like to see the graph, if rob sees this pls put up a link or post it up...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
**insert evil laugh**

Seriously, were we the only 2 autos ?!? with such dissapointing figures i was sure i'd lose :S

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
On that dyno sheet, you're missing my mods. Which is just pod and fmic. Was interesting to see that last year I got 137 and this year 142 with everything identical with just the intercooler upgrade.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Thanks steve, updated.. Re the intercooler - good gain there, and the more power the bigger the difference the intercooler makes. I spent quite a while trying to prove the stock intercooler might flow fine, but ended up proving the opposite. In my car i picked up somewhere around 16kwatw after changing just the intercooler, but i had done everything else (full exhaust high boost, intercooler sprayer, water injection ecu tuning) so the OEM intercooler had become a critical flow restriction at that point. Its really useful to know from your comparison an IC change on a stock vehicle is good for around 5kw atw.. thats excellent data....

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
im putting together all the results, ill post ASAP.. if simon and kym can send me their max power and rpm , max torque and rpm, lower AFR, and max boost psi. i dont want the motive force number & speed.
QUOTE]

Dont have RPM only have speed
Power: 157
Torque: 683.2nm
Lower AFR: 10
Boost 11.1psi

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
LOL Love the award titles!

Just wonder why I got the "Leanest AFR - The 'I trust a mate to tune my car' award" when my car hasn't been tuned and is running rich! Is there a joke I missed? (hoping I didn't as I will look like an idiot now!) :p

Off boost its 13 but on boost it drops quickly to about 10.3-11. Or have I completely misunderstood what this means. Jon explained it to me on the day (cause I'm a noob!) and I thought I got it right!

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
^ I was wondering the same about my "need a new clutch" award?! Just because I got the highest figure from a manual car?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Toms did have the fuel map cleaned up a bit when Daniel owned it, it was based on my original SKR map.

Ah OK, well for a dyno run stock ignition maps often end up giving high power if it doesn't knock too much on that one run and doesn't add to much fuel back in etc so that makes heaps of sense....

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Ah OK, well for a dyno run stock ignition maps often end up giving high power if it doesn't knock too much on that one run and doesn't add to much fuel back in etc so that makes heaps of sense....

They are not stock ignition maps, they do have less spark up top to avoid knock. I never had knock on the dyno with those maps, only on road after a couple of hard 3rd gear runs.

WhO

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Robert
Drive
VW Bora
i was quite envious of that 257 KWATW little turbo 2.8 V6 awd VW bora, it ticks all the boxes for me, (except 'wagon')... id like to see the graph, if rob sees this pls put up a link or post it up...

Haha thanks, i've always been a fan of the Legnums too. Like the practicality of the wagon and they tick the boxes for looks.

Below is a link to the dyno chart of both AWD and RWD runs with the AWD being the red one. Now i've just gotta figure out the boost falloff, need more boost!

Cheers,
Rob

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z124/WhO_0386/Bora%20Turbo%20Build/IMG_0905.jpg

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
Haha thanks, i've always been a fan of the Legnums too. Like the practicality of the wagon and they tick the boxes for looks.

Below is a link to the dyno chart of both AWD and RWD runs with the AWD being the red one. Now i've just gotta figure out the boost falloff, need more boost!

Cheers,
Rob

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z124/WhO_0386/Bora%20Turbo%20Build/IMG_0905.jpg

you say that but you always give me sh!t when it comes to working on them or the turning circle. your such a hypocrite :p

And you know what would solve your boost issues... Screamer ;)
or not being so dodgy and buying a proper spring :p

Top Bottom