Engine Stuttering Under Load

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey Chris, the factory fuel regulator is sitting just under the breather hose that leads to the rear bank.. you'll see that it is a siilver round turbo actuator looking thing in about 3/4" diameter in size..

and if you look further down, you'll see 2 solenoid, the one with the brown connector (I think) is for your turbo solenoid and the other I believe is for your factory fuel pressure regulator..

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Bit of an update...
Me and Trev cleaned our coil packs a couple weeks ago and after initial testing this morning at 15+ psi all seems to be well. Apart from the boost trailing off big time everything was running nice, no miss firing. Definitely need a better boost controller though. After running this boost for a couple weeks I will report back to confirm problem is solved. Thanks for everyone's help in trying to resolve this.

Thanks for the pic Christian, my vac was connected to my fpr :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Thank you. yes the coil pack clean has done the trick, very easy and highly recommended, even if your not miss firing it is still worth doing as Trev said his car felt noticeably better after the clean as well.

G

Unregistered
Did mine with circuit board and contact cleaner ($10 a can from Repco) and sealed with dielectric grease ($5 a sachet and used two). Easy job and definitely feels smoother under acceleration

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hmmm, silicone spray is a no no. i used wd40 or something...wasnt pretty. it jerked more then a dormitory of 15 year olds

contact cleaner might be winrar though

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I used CRC contact cleaner $30 instead to the cheap $10 contact cleaner, I figured there has to be a reason it cost 3 times more. We sprayed the shit out of everything we could really, then dabbed on dielectric grease $2 with a cotton tip.

Top Bottom