For Sale NZ EOI: Ported heads and or Custom profile billet cams

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Just curious why are you selling these unfinished heads and cams? Looks like it was a project for your car nut now your selling why?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Dumb question time... Would these modified cams make our cars lumpy?? Like V8s with big cams sounding tuff but coughing like they are gonna die at the lights. And then trying to crank it over and start with face going red then only realising that they just got beat by a 3 cylinder car with a lawnmower engine.
Well if you want to find out the power difference... I do not mind making my car the guinea pig. :tongue_smilie:

the "lumpyness" of the idle entirely depends on how large of a profile you want.
the 262 degree 9.8mm lift regrind I offer is a good "street upgrade" its similar to the likes of Tomei poncams etc no instability in idle, no real sacrifice in low end torque but gains over a wide range.
~270-280 with 10-11mm lift would be still streetable but with quite a lumpy idle sound and good strong mid to top end power.
More than that would be getting into something which would be a bit of a pig to drive on the road (depending on what the centerlines are set to) something you put put in a race/drag/rally car which will be up the higher end of the rev range most of the time.

with adjustable cam gears you can change the centerlines of inlet vs exhaust and that controls the overlap period. more overlap (ie narrower seperation) means lumpier idle and more peak power. where less overlap (wider centerlines) will give better low down / midrange.
so wider seperation will idle nicer but not make as much power at higher rpm's hence its always best to dial in the cams with a set of adjustable gears to suit what you want to use the car for. this is why I have not ground a profile onto the cam billets yet, so the buyer can choose a profile to suit their needs.

Tunable Efi means it's not a problem.

Yep a good tune from the likes of TME steve should be able to make a car with quite aggressive cams even on narrow centerlines idle somewhat ok. well definatly alot better than a dirty old carburetted could handle it

Just curious why are you selling these unfinished heads and cams? Looks like it was a project for your car nut now your selling why?

Yep you got it. I originally did these cams and ported heads to put on my engine build but now have gone down a different road and have bought a Mivec 6a12 which I will be using the heads from on the 2.5 block
all detailed here..
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?13822-Adam-s-99-Facelift-Legnum-Mivec

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Bump with pictures of the cleaned, surfaced heads with the re-cut valve seats as well as a pic of the de-carbon'ed and refaced valves

20130909_163841.jpg

20130909_163642.jpg

20130909_163627.jpg

20130909_163615.jpg

G

Unregistered
Adam cn you give me a complete price on both please? I may take this off you hands for th ute then sell it once youv perfected the mivec head job and then go mivec,my mivec motor is still sitting waiting lol

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Adam cn you give me a complete price on both please? I may take this off you hands for the ute then sell it once you have perfected the mivec head job and then go mivec,my mivec motor is still sitting waiting lol

So you want the billet cams also? if so what kind of cam profile would you want? obviously more than the 262 degree / 9.8mm I can give you from just a regrind.
Best to Txt or PM me about this

The heads just need cams and they will be ready to be assembled.
As earlier in the thread Id be after $2000 for the heads with everything except cams (valve springs, stem seals, valves, lifters etc) and $1800 for the billet cams but could probably knock a few hundred off if you buy the whole lot say $3500 for a pair of heads with big boy cams all ready to bolt down to a block.

Don't worry. I'm told Adam is pretty good at head jobs. lol

ahaha you bastard!

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Have you still got these heads?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yes but can always make more cams and port more heads. Please PM me for more Info

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
how much for 264 custom billet cam adam? how lumpy is that? no lifter ticking noise?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
You already have the 262 profile. Only need to do billets for profiles larger than what you already have.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
You already have the 262 profile. Only need to do billets for profiles larger than what you already have.

I want to feel what its like billet cam, they said better than regrind cam in every aspect, the look, no ticking noise. would you take the regrind cam as trade in ha ha ha. is billet cam the same spec with 264 rpw billet cam?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
The only advantage to you getting billets and keeping the same profile is to retain factory base circle size.
If you were to go to billet cams you would be silly not to utalise a larger profile such as our 272 11mm. However for me to manufacture a set of Billet cams regardless of what profile I grind onto them costs ~2200NZD

tmp_23692-Screenshot_2017-02-13-21-42-28708074559.png
tmp_23692-Screenshot_2017-02-13-21-42-31888687339.png

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
The only advantage to you getting billets and keeping the same profile is to retain factory base circle size.
If you were to go to billet cams you would be silly not to utalise a larger profile such as our 272 11mm. However for me to manufacture a set of Billet cams regardless of what profile I grind onto them costs ~2200NZD

Thats really nice a piece of billet cam, nah 264 is enough but what about the lift? still 9 mm? i will contact you when i got my money. maybe in april or may

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
if you want just 264 it will be the exact same profile you already have, just ground onto a billet cam not a stock cam.
If you have already shimmed your lifters and its still noisy putting billet cams in wont get rid of the noise, because with the shims, the lifters will already have OE preload. the noise will be your lifters.
Im happy to make you some billets but It is unessacary unless you want a larger profile.

Top Bottom