[EOI] SE QLD Workshop day.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Well it looks like I'm becoming quite the new thread whore lololol, regardless, let's get down to bizness!

With the intended potential dyno and tune days, it's imperative things be in tip top shape prior to giving your engine/drivetrain a beating. This is the perfect chance for us all to gather together, share the knowledge/skills and generally be rad dudes.

Seems there's a few on here who may be a little intimidated by the confines of the EC5 +6A13 cramped combo and might need a hand from some more experienced members. Maybe you just can't be arsed or don't have the gear necessary to get it done. I for example had some fluids changed during compliance but since I didn't personally do it, who knows what ordinary crap they've put in my box/diff/assorted-fluid-holding-devices-full-of-whirling-metal-bits.

So I'm putting the call out there, who's interested? Where and when do we want to conduct such a thing? Get involved, get greasy & save some cash. Do it yourself.

Update: 2nd weekend of August, 13th & 14th is shaping up to be a winner.

Venue: Most likely uber shed on Gold Coast.

More to come

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I think that's the never ending state of owning a performance car lolzorz :D Always something to be swapped/changed/serviced. I'm expecting plenty of interest in time, will be a good chance to catch up with other members and put names to faces too.

Anyone have access to a mega shed?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Yeah, no doubt I'll come along again... it'll probably be service time again soon :/

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
when and where?

Im not sure if I need to do some work on my car.. but we'll see..

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Well unfortunately I have no space to offer so I'm hoping some epic shed will magically be offered up :D

Wanna give it enough time for tax cash and to source parts & fluids, how's 1st weekend of August sound? 6th and/or 7th.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Joe, i MAY be able to use my work shed again (Ask the guys from the tune day if they think it is big enough lol) if people are willing to drive down to the coast.

Could possible do 13/14th August.

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
World Time Attack Challenge is on the first weekend of August, so that'd put me out. Second weekend sounds pro though

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
My beast is at Gavin Woods (legend in my opinion) at the mo having a performance clutch and AYC service and having a dyno tune by Matt at PITS (again another legend) this week so most of my work is done. But would be good to pop down to finally meet you guys. Plus I used to be a mechanic so I 'may be' some sort of help.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Is Matty flashing yours? I hit him up once and he said he wouldn't be interested.

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
I'm not sure, I was going to inquire. If not, I'm going to get him fine tune my EBC. Why did he say he wouldn't flash yours Trev?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Because he had zero experience with flashing Mitsubishi - Nor did he have the software or file definitions that enable him to flash. He said to me that if he wasn't confident in doing something well, and getting a decent result, he doesn't bother. He prides his work and i understand why he sometimes turns down work.

Throw an Autronic equipped car at him and prepare to see a genius at work!

He tuned my Apexi AFC years ago. Did a good job. He is a very knowledgeable and professional person but i just don't think you will have any luck with him.

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
How long ago did he turn you down? Maybe he's had a go at tuning Mitzi's since. I'm probably going to splash out on some downpipes in the next week so I might wait to have the tune done after that.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
It was about 10months ago.

I would, if i was you, get Steve to flash it on the next tune day coming up. He would be around the $350 mark, Matty will be $1,000 plus, easy. That is just his going rate.

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
That sounds much more reasonable. Depending on if I can make the tune date. Steve are you planning on coming up? I suppose I should check whether my ECU is flash-able first...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
13th & 14th is fine by me. Any objections?

Trev, judging by the pics of tune weekend v3.0, your work shed would be ideal :D Getting the basics outta the way to ensure cars are tune worthy prior to Steve's visit is definitely the order in which things should occurr.

I'm gonna have to do a coilpack service and a change of plugs as they seem to be the first parts to suffer once upping the boost.

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
13th & 14th is looking good for me, I'm in. Location?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Potential location is Trev's mega work shed if it can be arranged.

Top Bottom