Fresh Bays! Show us your engine bay

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Is that an engine cover with actual structural integrity? Can you touch it without it cracking?
what engine cover? 6A13 n/a engine cover is very strong ABS plastic, withstand head cylinder hot temperature, still like new condition even used for decade and never deform. unlike the one on vr4 and GDI engine, it will easily crack due to engine heat, ageing and fragile material. I dont understand why mitsu didnt use 6A13 engine cover strong material for the vr4

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Rick, the N/A 6A13 is similar to the 6G7x engine covers, they are a lot thicker and stronger than the ones..

also similar material to the FTO GPX engine covers too

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Yeah, I know it's the factory one, I was just in shock that mitsu had the design for a much better cover but have us a shit one, Weight reduction I guess :p

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
might as well add mine... really need to tidy it up a bit

Attachments

• DSCN4701.JPG
    DSCN4701.JPG
    377.9 KB · Views: 149

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Ryan is that an oil catch can mounted next to your battery? I was thinking about installing one... where does it plumb into?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Cameron. U know ur strut brace is back to front, more left to right. Lol

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Cameron. U know ur strut brace is back to front, more left to right. Lol

Hmmmm yeah I just noticed that... as in the raised part is on the left hand side rather than the right? I'll plead ignorance in that it was like that when I bought it, but would it make any difference anyway? I'm sure it's easy enough to change back.

G

Unregistered
20140625_191510.jpg

The engine bay on my new Galant :)
Picked her up today, very well kept and with a lot of very nice parts.
Previous owner was definitely on par with the engine bay, a new Y Pipe and An elbow to replace that last bit of Soft pipe and it will be bang on.

G

Unregistered
What do you guys think about my bay plan, I want to replace all joiners with green ones to match the rocker, and polish up the Y-Pipe and Strut brace so its all blingy like the other pipework.
Shouldn't look TOO over the top should it?

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Here's my Honda engine bay that I recently parted out

Screenshot_2013-09-21-11-05-06.png

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Still a bit of work to do in the coming weeks, need to get some foil under this engine cover, and space it up a little, the epoxy resin doesn't like the high temperatures. Will high temp clear coat it too, many times, hopefully that'll give it a bit of strength when hot. Also getting some decals done.

IMG_642546710624618.jpeg

Top Bottom