Friendly mechanic

Soarerpete

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
98 Legnum vr4
Hi there, I've just bought a black 98 Legnum vr4. Low kms and nice and tidy. Has some mods which aren't favourable with roadworthy inspections. Bov atmospheric vent, pod filter not encased in box and some other small items.
wondering if there is a mechanic or roadworthy station that isn't too pathetic with their rules. Car is safe and clean, took it to JBE at redcliffe today and the ridiculous things they've scrutinised have made it hard to get a RW for registration.
if anyone knows of someone worthy to take my car to I would be appreciative
thanks

peter

Soarerpete

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
98 Legnum vr4
Oh and I do live up redcliffe way so would be keen to find someone local.....ish

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
I dont understand this mine has all the above aswell + a lot more and it passed road worthy up here in north qld. Thats just picky

Soarerpete

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
98 Legnum vr4
Some places like to try and give you a big list of shit hoping they might get some work out of it. I got told my seatbelt won't pass either because its frayed, I have managed to find the fray after 10 mins lol. It's in the edge 5mm long and about half a mm deep, so it really just fluffed.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I would just call a few shops and tell them up front that you have a BOV and Pod filter, if they cant tell you if they will pass it or not then you can take your business elsehwere. When I lived in QLD I took my car to one mechanic for a roadworthy and he told me I need 2K worth of repairs, a new steering rack etc. Thought I would try my luck with another shop and it passed without a single problem, so it definitely depends who you get.

Top Bottom