Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Just so I've got this straight in my head, these two pipes are the inlet and the outlet at the intercooler. The two lower pipes? And the short hook pipe is to connect the factory plumb back BOV.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Pete, that's correct, you'll still need other pipes so you minimize the expanding hoses.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ivan, by 'alloy' do you mean aluminium? Or if it is indeed an alloy, what are it's composite materials?

Also these are just the first complete pipes aren't they? You'll be doing a complete hard pipe kit eventually, right?

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
Stage 2

YES, I am trying to get this done as fast as I can, so STAGE 2 is almost ready.

The remaining pipes are currently being developed, so it will follow soon.

This also allows each individual to 'upgrade' as he wishes, not being restricted with the performance gains too.

With this STAGE 2 that has the intercooler and the pipes on each side, plus the new brackets and power steering cooling pipe, you can "ADD-ON" the top with our current silicone hoses (STAGE 2 +) or the aluminium pipes of Stage 3. I can't give a specific price of the STAGE 3 until all has been trailed and tested.

I will start a new THREAD next week when the first set of samples of STAGE 2 has been tested. This thread is to allow me a feel of what to offer.

Thanks to all who has contributed.

Cheers, ivan

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
Material used

Alloy, or I should say ALUMINIUM pipes. Mandrel bend, lipped for secured connections and mirror polished for good heat reflection.

cheers, ivan

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Silicon hoses are working well with upped boost :)

I thought I had some ballooning going on, until I realised that it was also my TCL kicking in. Definitely put me down for the FMIC!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Aluminium pipes are lighter than the stock OEM hoses, (having handled these first-hand with the prototype) which will offset the increased weight of the slightly heavier (than stock FMIC) bar/plate intercooler.

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
Thanks for all your inquiries.....Stage 2 will have its first sample kit out soon. I will need to OCEAN FREIGHT the main order as the fuel surcharges for air freight is crazy. However, i will have 2 prices for the Stage 2 kit, air freight and ocean freight with timelines.

As for Stage 3, it will be another month or so. Which will be using Stage 2 and adding on the engine bay pipes.

Thanks, ivan

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
Hi,

STAGE 2 ; FMIC kit with fitting kit and aluminium pipes to and from the intercooler is being picked up by TNT today. Should get it about wednesday.

Thanks for tuning in! ivan

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
id be up for black silicone too, i gettin a local bloke who just opened a fabricating business to do my IC piping, hey would any body recommend changing the standard 2.25" piping that splits to go to each turbo to 2.5" instead cause i can let you all no how much it'd cost and get him to make up ex amount if anybody recommends this????? oh and everything under the bonnet is standard for me so dont know if the increase in size would change anything??

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
YESTERDAY TNT came....

The first kit just came yesterday via TNT.....

Trying to do a test fit this weekend....ivan

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Fingers crossed that everything fits perfectly and production can start.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Agreed
icon14.gif

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm patiently waiting... Wanna get a kit as one of the first mods to my Galant, so the sooner you can get these going the better!

And also, will this be offered as a piping kit only as well as a kit with a cooler? I have a spare FMIC lying around at home so probably only need the pipes.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
The FMIC looks the goods (in regards to the brackets) and bar for any issues (power steering cooling tube that sits in front of the stock FMIC for example) it would make an awesome upgrade.

Who needs mesh when you have one of these babies? :D

Top Bottom