FWD or RWD

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Well as I know you've read my comments on the subject before, I have a mitsi spec sheet saying it was an option on facelift auto's, but I've NEVER seen it on a car. I always assumed there was at least one out there with it, and now we know :)I've got the chassis number, but my caps is stupid and won't let me type in any chassis number over 5 digits, and I need to enter 6 to enter in a facelift.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hey Brad, if I PM you my chassi number, can you tell me what options (if any) my car should have had from factory?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
id love someone to check my number too, as in my caps it doesnt seem to exist :p i assume im doing it wrong.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Josh you need to put the first four digits in (ie EC5W or EC5A) and in the second field skip the first zero and start from the following number (eg EC5W0123456 becomes EC5W 123456).

Brad if you need a new copy of CAPS you know we have it hosted on here??

G

Unregistered
My caps will only let me enter in 5 digits too.....? whats the story with that?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I dunno, you're all crazy! :eek: The version of CAPS we have hosted here is exactly the same as the one I'm using (because I zipped the files up from my computer!) so it should definitely work. You guys may just have earlier versions or something (I've seen four different versions floating around the 'net, but the one I got from Carsten is the most complete one I've seen).

So anyway, I can confirm that Steve's car did indeed come with traction control from the factory! So there you go.

Josh PM me your VIN and I can look it up for you.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yes, you also have ASC (Active Stability Control) ;)

And Steve, it's not just 'speshul', it's the only one of it's kind anyone on OzVR4 or CVR4 has ever seen... So unless / until there's another discovered, it's literally unique!

G

Unregistered
and im guessing thats not a "normal" factory item?

woohoo yay! lol, so its got, AYC, TCL & ASC? - no wonder it handles so well lol.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
and im guessing thats not a "normal" factory item?
It was standard on Supers and an option on PFL's, but previously unheard of on FL's.

TCL and ASC are always installed together AFAIK. Brad can / will correct me if I'm wrong ;)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
its fun to find new things about your car :p those things are a bit 'bigger' than my finds cause they are factory, but i was excited to find ralliart suspension, ralliart front and rear braces under the car, project mu braided brake lines, project mu 2 piece rotors on the front :p (aparently they are like... some of the best ;))

looking forward to seeing what was factory that i dont know about.

No manuals have traction control or stability control do they... and AYC :p that would be nice (i know for a fact i dont, it only has AYC but yeah..)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
UK model FWD Galants did exist with TCL only, but as far as I know VR-4's only came with both TCL and ASC, or nothing at all.

Josh - no manuals came with TCL or ASC. And you still haven't taken pics of your rear ralliart brace for me :)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
yes i have, check one of the posts about braces - i got pics of front and rear... someone else requested it too ;)

Top Bottom