Gauges? that is the question.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
To be honest, best option is keep them separate. for the sake of a $30 bung, why mess around....

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Sage Wizard Shtiv hath spoken. His is a much wiser plan.

Some say his beard is woven carbon kevlar and his shoes are hand layered like Bugatti Veyron tyres to withstand his 400k/hr sprinting...

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
OK how do I keep them separate?
Where do I get a wideband from and any links on here to install one? Would it only be used by the guage on the dash then?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Get an exhaust shop to weld in another O2 sensor bung for the wideband. Few manufacturers about; Motec, Innovate Motorsports (check out the MTX-L) or even local guys wbo2.com.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
I emailed the drift shop that sell iridium gauges to get prices directly from them, waiting for them to get back to me. Iridium gauges are also on ebay now at $117 each, its gonna be expensive for 4 gauges.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
can anyone suggest a good brand gauge that has smoke lens??? im trying to find 3 gauges the same brand for oil pressure, boost and wideband but cant find any good ones :( lol

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
It all depends if you want electronic gauges or mechanical ones the choices are endless, i went with drift iridium gauges, they were pricey, but i liked the look of them.

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
I just did my oil press gauge and i used a sandwich plate like that. Duno if u can do it another way

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
wouldn't that actually sit the oil filter alot lower? like an extra inch?

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
With the oil pressure couldn't you just splice into the wire that runs to the ecu??

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
Yeah it sits lower but not low enough to be a problem?

Scrofl

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
01 VR-4 Galant
Sorry to dig up an older thread, but I'm after some gauges. I love the look of Defi gauges, but I cant really justify spending $200 per gauge.
However, there is a seller on eBay who's selling Defi gauges on the cheap! Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181331759923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Boost, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp are all $65!

So its either I buy some cheap (and possibly dodgy) Defi gauges, or I get some GlowShift tinted gauges. Link: http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/tinted-7-color-30psi-boost-vacuum-gauge.aspx

Thoughts?

G

Unregistered
Scrofl, as awesome Defi's are,they are pretty unnecessary and you pay a lot just for the brand, also beware that there are a tonne of very convincing fakes getting around on Ebay so be careful, if they seem to good to be true, they very well may be.
Also most need a control unit to work, which is a few hundred dollars itself. So you don't want to buy gauges then be forced to buy a control unit that costs as much as a set of hard pipes or a new FMIC just to make them work.
I only have Defi's as I got them almost brand new off a trustworthy mate, very cheap :) , I wouldn't buy them any other way.
There are a tonne of cheap and reliable gauges out there, goole different brands for reviews or ask around here or on OzVR4 facebook for what experiences people have had. Should get away with $50-$100 per gauge for a great gauge that will do the job :)

Top Bottom