Golpher Radiators any opinons on quality/durability/fit?

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
Hello,

i'm considering upgrading the stock item....but it seems Golphers are made in China...makes me feel a little uneasy.

thing is...it's made in the same factory where the military stuff is made...:confused:

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Great quality radiators. Good luck finding anything else anywhere near as good this side of $400-500 bucks!

Close thread/

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If you're running an separate aftermarket transmission cooler, then can auto owners use M/T radiators?

G

Unregistered
Yep, but looks like that store only sells the universal one now. No dramas, if you have a manual just don't use the ATF cooler bit. Just leave it or cut off the barbs.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I've had my golpher for about a year, no worries.

Very well made considering the cost, and will fit without modification.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I am probably the only one who doesn't like them.

Quality is good and mine fit perfect but i have given my car a really hard run up to the dandenongs (big twisty run up a hill) and was on HOT for ages.

Only after pulling over for 5 mins did the car drop and coming back down it finally got to normal temps.

I have seen it get pretty hot before also.

I really don't think they offer any cooling benefits over a stock radiator but are a great replacement considering the cost.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I've seen your brakes turn purple too, from how hard you drive... so you're probably not the guy to ask about parts intended for street not track lol

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Scottie, have you considered replacing the fans with bigger ones? like x 14" fans?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Fans don't really do much when you are moving along at 100kph +

I really think it is just a basic core.

I wouldn't bother getting bigger fans. At the cost and all the mucking about, i would just go get a custom radiator made..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Scottie, are you referring to the 40mm thick one? Or the stock size 26mm

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Custom made for <$350 i don't think so. Plus all what mucking around- its a direct fit.
Regardless, 1 negative in a mass of positives isn't enough to stop all the great results everyone else has had.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Custom made for <$350 i don't think so. Plus all what mucking around- its a direct fit.
Regardless, 1 negative in a mass of positives isn't enough to stop all the great results everyone else has had.

I never said anything about less than $350. I did say that it was a good replacement but for track/hard driving mine has overheated.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Probably it just happened that you had one of those "once off" not perfect made rad.

Mine is doing well and I drive hard too like pedal to the metal. I took my car to the track twice and never did gave me any problems and the temp gauge stays consistently at the middle. Have you checked your temp sensor if it is working well or perhaps your thermostat is going out?

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
I've just recently my Golpher rad installed and it's great! No issues here

Top Bottom