HALO Projector Headlights

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^nope, christians the guy on here that we generally see for headlights ... support local!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Christian = naughtika :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just curious, how do you guys feel about having projectors but only using halogen bulbs instead of HID's?

been thinking about this, as I know alot of people are worried because of ADR rules and legalities..

I'll try and retrofit a halogen into a unit when i have time..

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I may be interested later on if u get them working alright :) really sick of not seeing where im goin lol

G

Unregistered
Christian, I don't know if you speak for all halogen users or just your retrospect but the USDM style projectors are Useless without hid simply a candle provides more light lol..so I do not recommend non hid in projectors.
if they're concerned with the law, hide the ballast and install 4-5k bulbs,if warmup is fast and flicker free then they won't know the difference
hope this helps , if not I apologize for it

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Christian, I don't know if you speak for all halogen users or just your retrospect but the USDM style projectors are Useless without hid simply a candle provides more light lol..so I do not recommend non hid in projectors.
if they're concerned with the law, hide the ballast and install 4-5k bulbs,if warmup is fast and flicker free then they won't know the difference
hope this helps , if not I apologize for it

adr rules are incomprehensible hence the search for alternatives - may not be the best, but at least that will stop the owner from copping a fine from the cops..

and no, im not using the ebay projector sets.. i will only use the projectors that I am currently using for retrofitting..

G

Unregistered
why does the law have to fine people for having brighter lights,id think itd be better as you can actually see lol.. but theres reasons that are acceptable but then theres also the opposite..
frikking laws..
i have to say i do feel for you AU guys with strict mod laws... recently they introduced FMIC Cert requirements if fitted now,so seems were merly behind the ball but getting there,grrr

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
ADR rules are strict... simple as that.. you dont follow it you get a fine.. un-educated cops will most likely give you a defect notice/fine if in his/her opinion thinks that your car has some modification that doesn't abide by ADR rules, unfortunately not alot of them do know ADR regulations.. hence i/we try to make things better without making it obvious.. or easy to spot..

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
why does the law have to fine people for having brighter lights,id think itd be better as you can actually see lol.. but theres reasons that are acceptable but then theres also the opposite..
frikking laws..
i have to say i do feel for you AU guys with strict mod laws... recently they introduced FMIC Cert requirements if fitted now,so seems were merly behind the ball but getting there,grrr

I guess it's to control folks who would smack on uncontrolled bright lights, pissing off drivers coming from the opposite direction.

Top Bottom