HDI boost controller

piawaka

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Pat
Drive
98 Legnum vr4
Hi all,
I am just wondering if all boost controllers can be used on any car as I have found a
HDI SBC-D-RX for sale and it only states fitment on subaru's,
will this model work on my legnum or not?

cheers

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I think that particular model is a "Subaru Edition" I believe.

The newest HDI EBC gets a good write-up though, cheaper then Jap branded stuff but still a quality product with local australian support.

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
I have a dual stage hdi electronic boost controller and it works great on my Subaru.. I looked into the Subaru specific one as it plugs into the factory harness and prevents fuel cut.. But unless u have a Subaru, do not get the Subaru hdi boost controller.. Just get the regular one

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey I just got my Hdi SBC-D boost controller and these ones are universal and will fit our cars..also may i suggest u get the one which comes with the boost gauge as this gauge is specifically made from these boost controllers..i got mine off Ebay for about $290 with shipping..these also work on our cars I guess as they are universal as well but the boost gauge is not as nice in my opinion but u decide - HDi EBC-R..
hope this helps..

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
When you say the boost gauge is specifically made for these boost controllers do you mean that the gauge plugs into the controller unit with a wire? instead of a vac line that most gauges use?

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Im not sure as i have not installed mine yet..just got it yesterday..but the seller said that the boost gauge is only compatible with this boost controller and cant be used with another boost controller..sorry cant be of much help..

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
this is what it says exactly on the website link i gave above "note: BOOST GAUGE CAN NOT BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY AS IT WILL ONLY WORK ON SBC-D(SE).UNLESS YOU HAVE A SBC-D(SE)."

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Boost gauge plugs into the boost controller unit by wire and gets its reading from that..
It does not get its reading via vac line...

piawaka

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Pat
Drive
98 Legnum vr4
cheers for all the replys,
was looking at that as I found it for sale on ebay and was only at $50
maybe I should stop being such a scrooge mcduck and just lay down the cash for one like yours Aamir
already got a turbosmart boost gauge so probably wouldnt worry about the one that comes with it but will check it out none the less

Top Bottom