HDI gauge

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Is anyone using a HDI Boost gauge & controller as pictured? Want to know if it has a day/night display. Was fitted by a previous owner 2-3 years ago. Mines way too bright at night. All the ones advertised have this but mine either doesn't or isn't wired correctly. It's plugged into the controller but there's a couple of wires not being used. Can someone post wiring instructions?
DSC_0011~2.jpg
DSC_0013~2.jpg

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Years ago i did, it sucks. I think we pulled it apart and added some resistors and a switch to dim it. Can't remember now

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
yeah, i had the same issue when i first bought the car.

it ended up playing up (the stepper motor in the gauge) and i binned it for a prosport evo.

i was only using the gauge function and it wasnt functioning as an ebc.

for a while though, i put the clear clock cover back in place which dimmed it down heaps. almost too much.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
I've got the exact same setup as you Brenton - complete with HDi FMIC as well. I agree that the boost gauge is too bright at night, and at first it was a pain on longer drives. I thought for sure it would have a brightness control or something, but nah. Mines mounted on the binacle in between the tacho and speedo on the steering wheel column so it points right at my face. I've been able to angle it down as the cup it's in has some adjustment and the lights seem pretty uni-directional, which helps a lot, but I guess it depends on the position of the gauge.

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
I've got the exact same setup as you Brenton - complete with HDi FMIC as well. I agree that the boost gauge is too bright at night, and at first it was a pain on longer drives. I thought for sure it would have a brightness control or something, but nah. Mines mounted on the binacle in between the tacho and speedo on the steering wheel column so it points right at my face. I've been able to angle it down as the cup it's in has some adjustment and the lights seem pretty uni-directional, which helps a lot, but I guess it depends on the position of the gauge.
Mines in a different position and have tint on it. I also angle it down at night as you do.

Top Bottom