HDI Intercooler Kits

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
No problems mounting it, had to cut the front reo bar a little and trim up the stock IC pipes. Also had to modify the PS cooler to fit in behind the IC and in front of the radiator. Took about 5-6 hrs to fit, works really well, noticed an increase in low down torque and pulls harder.

Gary

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Mine arrived today and took 4 weeks. Looks really good fitting to come using Hughs guide

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Hi again guys. Finally got a price for a group buy of 10 kits delivered via Fed Ex to Melbourne.
It is $565 each for the GT2 kit. the GT kit is avaliable as well, but so far no one was interested in it so I am not including it. Anyone after that one specifically, it will be a lower price than the newer kit.
I am looking for an installer in Melb where we can all take it and get a good price for multiple installs. Ill ask Created Motorsport but we will see.

Anyway I have 4 buyers so far, need to get 10 so we can place the order. Anyone keen, let me know or PM me and we can talk about it.
Cheers.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I saw one of the HD2 kits in the back of a white legnum @ meek last friday. Along with one of my strut braces :)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Any idea how much to get it from Melbourne to Adelaide? Looks like Steve is already jumping in so perhaps we could arrange a group freight for SA if there is enough interest... Probably interested, coilover purchase delayed yet again, sigh!

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Hi Tom, once it arrives we can ask fastway couriers or another company and see how much they charge. I dont know how much these kits weigh as couriers charge on weight and size. Might be able to get it delivered for $20-$30 each. So is your probably interested a definite? I had you on my buyers list, do I keep you or still indecisive?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Bilal

I want to hold this group buy up right there.
Until you can confirm postage of each individual item within Australia, DO NOT order any kits. Sorry but this has gone pear-shaped for members in other group buys before. By all means its great you want to help others out, but the last thing you want is to be left with a bunch of kits which are going to double or tripple the cost of your estimate.

I sugges you ask the supplier for exact dimensions and weight of each individual box so you can provide a final firm price PRIOR to ordering anything. If you cant do this, I will lock down this thread to prevent another mass fuck-up like the undertrays.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
When would the purchase be made? I have a few money-sappers coming up in the next couple of weeks - rego, anniversary, etc.. If you're talking very near future then I probably wouldn't be able to make the money up, but if it's still going to be a while away, say a month, then I would much more likely have the spare cash. Case of bad timing on my part. Did they provide a price for the base GT kit as well? That could be a better option if it counts in the group buy, as I'm not likely to be working heaps of hours due to uni being back on.

EDIT: Sorry Lee didn't see that post pop up while I was writing this one. A confirmed freight cost would be very helpful to avoid potential pains in the arse, yes. e-go.com.au provide an online quote option Bilal, once you have the specs.

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
I see that some people are dissapointed with other mess ups that has occured in the past.

These kits are as follows:

$640 for the GT2 kit delivered to your door via Fed Ex
$510 for the GT kit delivered via Fed Ex.

These are the suppliers prices not mine.

I have absolutely no idea how much it would cost for postage within Australia as I have not owned the kit before, dont know its weight and dimensions and as everyone lives in a different state, delivery costs would vary.
But roughly around $20 or $30 (extra) should be allowed for courier service I am guessing.

Now, I have 5 ppl interested so far, including myself. If there is anyone that does not want to take part in the group buy, may contact the seller and pay the price I have mentioned above, have it delivered to their door, no dramas.

I am not here to cheat anyone or provide a major screw up with the group buy. I, myself wanted to buy it on my own, but decided to share the info so everyone can benefit from some savings. HDI itself wanted $750 for the kit when I called them up 6 months ago. Paying around $565 for the GT2 kit as a group order of 10 seems like a decent price for me.

I have not placed the order, and I wont until I have 10 buyers interested, ready to pay and have it in their hand within a week.

As I said before, anyone interested in buying it themselves, can go ahead, anyone willing to save some money can wait like I am.

Peace.

lalalala

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mat
Drive
98 galant vr4
I'm pretty keen on one of the GT2 kits.
The stated prices are for Melbourne yeah???

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Yes, they sure are. I will add you to the buyers list, making 6 ppl so far, 4 more to go. That is if the SA buyers do go ahead as well. Im going to ask the seller how much 5 kits cost delivered. It should be a bit more as the numbers have halved.
So far, everyone is buying the GT2 kit as its better and needs minor work for installation.

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
HI again guys

I finally got my tax return done, so ready to buy and install the brand new kits.

Can I please get the number of people that are definitely going ahead with the purchase?
I am contacting the seller today so i can get exact weight and dimensions of each individual box so interstate buyers can benefit as well. Couriers should charge between $25-30 depending on distance from Melbourne.
I had a few SA orders but they wanted to know freight chargers to SA.
as soon as I get dimensions, I can get an online quote for couriers.

I am not placing the order yet, just want to get final numbers so I know if we proceed with a group buy of 5 or 10.

The order is for the newer, better GT2 kit, please be aware, and roughly it was $565 delivered to Melbourne.
Anyone wanting to purchase the GT kit (slightly larger cooler core, needs more trimming of the impact bar) I can ask the supplier if he can add it to the pallette.

So please reply if you are keen, and we can enjoy our new coolers soon.

Also I cant get a hold of Rob from Creatd Motorsport in Campbellfield for the installation, he is never in the workshop, too busy running around.
I got a quote from Protek Automotive in Preston which can do it for $250 + GST but that was just for me, might be cheaper for a group.

Be back soon with prices.

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Hi again,
I contacted the seller re buyers from Interstate, he wants to know the addresses so it might be easier to ship directly there.
Are you guys all near each other or do you prefer a centrall address and everyone can meet and pickup there own box. Could the SA buyers please provide me with an address so we can start the group buy soon?

The price is $565 delivered to Melbourne for the GT2 kit just in case anyone forgot the price.
Peace.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Bilal, I think you may have to leave me out of the GB at this stage. I've dropped most of my car-spending-account money on a new ECU and an APEXi AVC-R, leaving not much behind! Basically unless the GB doesn't end up going through for a long while yet, I won't have the cash. Better to leave me out of the equation I think.

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Not suer if it has been mentioned before, but has anyone used or heard about "Lightning Motorsports" intercooler kit?

It says it is specifically made for Twin Turbo Legnums, although I assume it would fit 6a13 Galants as well?

Kit comes with the following:

D-Spec Intercooler (76x280x800 - 2.5" In, 2.5" Out)
Aluminium Piping
4mm 3 Layer Silicone Piping
Quality Stainless DSR Clamps
Alloy Brackets

Quotes from the site:

Specifically designed for DSR Twin Turbo Legnum. For High Power Fast Spooling Street and Drag applications.

This is the best Genuine DSR Racing Kit available for money

Performance Guaranteed, fully tested best intercooler for Road/Race Upgrade. Superb performance over the same size bar and plate intercoolers against pressure drop, efficiency, reliability (Money Back Guaranteed!)

Work Of Art Finishing

Price: $699 NZD

1219787974dsr_legnum.jpg

http://www.lightningmotorsport.co.nz/Product/Legnum/1207.htm

Don't really know why it sais "designed for DSR Legnum" because I couldn't find anything on the DSR site, but would it fit stock? It would at least give a majority of the piping and for $699 NZD including an intercooler it seems like an awesome price!

Anyone heard anything or used one?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I'm sure this got mentioned not too long ago on one of the other threads, and the feedback is that it needs a ridiculous amount of work to get the pipes to fit which makes the unit not worth the total price tag and hassle

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Carsten bought a very similar kit and spent hours modifying it to fit his car.. :(

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Ummmm, can I please have the buyers interested in just saying 'Im in' in this thread, looks like hardly anyone wants it except for Derek and I.

I would like to place the order soon so please let me know asap.

SA buyers, please give me an address if interested in buying so the seller can give a price including shipment to SA. This will take the hassle out of paying extra for freight from Melbourne.

Im expecting to buy these within a few weeks. so Please dont delay.
whoever is definitely keen, please just write here or pop a PM (thanks Derek for the courtesy of shooting a PM so soon)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah im still in. luckily i live in the city. so postage should be easy, postcode is 5000.

Top Bottom