HDi intercooler kit

G

Unregistered
Hey there just thought i would let yall know my HDi intercooler kit arrived two weaks ago and the quality looks awesome.Kit comes with core(got GT2 check it out) 1 alloy bend and couple of silicone,all brackets ,clamps,nuts and bolts.Think it was around $750, the core is 580 x 280 x76 i think will be fitting soon so i will post pics when complete.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
$750 and you only get one pipe and a couple of bits of silicone with the cooler?? Have I read that right?

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
i sold my custom intake/piping/cooler setup which replaced EVERYTHING for only a bit more than that price.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I'm with these guys, I'll wait for pics and more info though.

I KNOW you can can just a core of that size for ~$200. The extra $550 would want to be some pretty good gear...

mbilal

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bilal
Drive
Galant VR4 99 Type V
Uuum I know there are a few options out there with coolers and kits but I have narrowed down to 2,

There is Ivans (X3emotorsports) custom cooler kit for $688

and the HDI kit which is avaliable soon for $750

Now Ivans kit is custom made for Galant/ Legnum which the height is 260 where no modification or cutting into the impact bar is required. Direct fit. He also adds a power steering cooler kit made in USA when relocating the lines, so the u-shaped lines dont stay in the front and ruin the good looks of the fresh new cooler.

HDI products are pretty good and reptuable. Im not sure of the core size but HPI magazine had bought one for their project Snooze the GT spec one where the core was 600x300 and needed trimming of the impact bar.
You also have to relocate the PS fluid lines elsewhere but the person I spoke to from HDI said you can keep it there. Im assuming the core is much smaller than the 600x300.

Need to weigh up the evens and odds and make a choice fast.
lol

anyway just thought ill share my ideas.
Cheers.

Bilal

G

Unregistered
Yeah i was going to get one of ivans kits but there were none in stock and pretty sure the new GT2 core would perform better.In a recent HPI mag they replaced a larger trust core with a GT2 and gained around 25kw.Should be fitted in a day or to if the panel beaters pull there fingers out and paint the radiator support.

G

Unregistered
Any chance you can answer a few questions from above?

Seems to be a little over priced???

Hey mate yeah my bad pretty much just raced the kit up to the shop without measuring or listing everything in the kit as they have had my car for about 5 months so far.If its still not on there this arvo i will get it and take a few pics.The kit is a bit pricey,but the quality is way up there with anything i have seen from the big jap companies and they were excellent to deal with.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
So to confirm, you did only receive:

Core
Clamps
Couple of Silicone Joiners
One Aluminium Bend
Brackets and Bolts

G

Unregistered
So to confirm, you did only receive:

Core
Clamps
Couple of Silicone Joiners
One Aluminium Bend
Brackets and Bolts

Yeah thats pretty much it they are silicone bends though not straight joiners,and a flash HDI plaque thats gotta be worth a couple of hund on its own.lol

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HDI-GT2-SPEC...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4838f11757

VR4-IK-GT2-SHB.jpg

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
the new GT2 core would perform better.

That is true. If I had to choose between those two I'd go with the option you took. Fortunately I don't have to choose between those two, so I went with something else.

Top Bottom