help a pomme with his fitment

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
hiya guys, first off i hope i spelt pomme correctly! :D

i am an active member over on CVR4 so a few of you guys should recognise the name, now i fully agree without offending anyone, the UK guys dont seem to care too much for stance or fitment, judging by your offset thread you guys seem to love good fitment. (also noticed flicking thru the LOL thread quite a few of you are /btards, Britfag signing in here)

ok so the issue i have! i bought soem Rota GTR's for my astra van, the van is 5x110 et 48, rotas are available in jap fitment only and the highest offset i could get was et48 on a scooby 5x100 pcd so i had spacers made of 30 and 20mm for the van.

now iv decided to stick these wheels temporarily on the legnum, but if im gonna do it id like to do it properly.

The wheels are 8x18 and currently dont have tyres on, ideally i wouldnt like to go any lower than 215/35's, the smallest the conversion spacer can be is 20mm, so my et will become et28.

i am building a large install in the boot, and would like the car to still be able to carry 4 adults without damagin the car! ill get pics up of the install one the car comes back to me and i get a bit more done.

i running on tein coilovers, not sure which ones the car came from japan like this, it also had cusco hard pipes, so i think the teins should be off reasonably quality. i have also had all of the suspension polybushed.

So what size should the spacers be then lads? if you need any more info then please just ask, pics will be provided once wheels are on!

scotch

Crunching Gears
First Name
Scott
Drive
Toyota MR2
ok so the issue i have! i bought soem Rota GTR's for my astra van, the van is 5x110 et 48, rotas are available in jap fitment only and the highest offset i could get was et48 on a scooby 5x100 pcd so i had spacers made of 30 and 20mm for the van.

now iv decided to stick these wheels temporarily on the legnum, but if im gonna do it id like to do it properly.
That's your biggest problem. If the van has a stud pattern of 5x110...they won't fit the legnum, as the legnum is 5x114.3

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
the van is 5x110, the legnum is 5.114.3 the wheels are 5x100

i will be using pcd conversion spacers like i did on the van, thats why they have to be a minimum of 20mm thick. they bolt to the hub and the bolt heads will be flush and 5 studs protude out. so the highest offset i can have is +28.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Personally I wouldn't use those rims. But you will need them to be the around 18x8 +20 range to make them look decent. So yeah you will need a 28mm spacer. Also how low do you plan on having the car?

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
as it is the exhaust hits the floor, but it is a 3" full system, iv got another 30-35mm to go on the teins, from memory the front bumper sits about 100mm off the floor, as long as your not gonna take the piss out of the wheels currently on the car ill find a post a side view of it!! then mayve youll see why im in a rush to change the wheels! lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
At 100mm from the deck you would aim for a plus 20 offset with 215 tyres.... As already posted by the guru of these things!

EDIT, Ignore that, go get some Jap rims :)

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
they came with the car and have not been looked after, the diamond cut faces are now corroded as hell!! i have these rotas sitting around so fancy putting them to use till i can justify buying a set of work VS-XX rims, but as they will cost more than my car the missus will make me wait a year or so! lol

the GTR's are off being sprayed gloss black and a set of nice red evo 9 brembos are being fitted, which i feel will give a nice contrast :)

and there was me being concerned that a 20mm spacer woudl bring the wheels out too much! lol, so so far iv got 2 votes for a 28mm spacer all round!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
after a bit of thought, id go for the 20mm spacer on the front and go the 28mm spacer on the rear.

with a 18x8+20 (and a 225...it wont stretch too much on an 8" rim btw), they'll sit about 3mm further in then GTR rims, which myself, steveP, jdm_vr4 and matchtheclown hav. they however all hav flares, i dont, but due to the lack of stretch on a 225/8" combo, they'll sit out a few millimetres. so an 18x8+25 or 28 with a 225 would sit just flush with the guards on the front. then the lower offset would be good for the rear, you can then do the camber correction to suit.

why not see if you can trade the wheels for another set? dont you hav a rota dealer in the uk?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
No to different spacers on the front. Def 28mm all round. Also don't go licorice straps, that's just silly. You will need to run a 215/45/18 tyre front and rear. Also do the rear camber fix so the front and rear are even. With the current height of your car with what I've said, will fit pretty sweet.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
i personally really dont like the idea of a 215/40 or 45 on such a large car, especially if they are cheapies and hav dick all load rating, hence the 225 suggestion

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
215/45 is pretty much the exact rolling diametre of the stock tyre. So the speedo will be spot on. It will also will give a bit of stretch which will help with guard clearance. A 225 will be far too square.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Fair argument. Ok, 215 it is. 215 will give it enough stretch and will allow the 28mm spacers.

I wouldn't ever run a 215...but I'd never run 8" rim with a stretched tyre

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Or a 28mm conversion spacer.
Or a +48 offset wheel.

Lol talk about doing it wrong.

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
lol, i know im doing it wrong!!

but i have the wheels, id loose too much cash trying to sell them on, and im not buying another set of wheels till i can afford the ones i really want.

but thats why i thought id pay my 10 aussie dollars and come on here, as if im gonna fit them, i want them to fit perfectly! :)

well its now half 6 monday morning, i will be ordering my spacers today!! i hope you 2 have got it right!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
out of interest, how much are the conversion spacers? and they're hubcentric yes?

pugme

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Darren
Drive
COTY
hubcentric yes, and 200 uk pound.

but the wheels i want are 3500 pound, so a considerable difference

Top Bottom