HELP!! Car keeps stalling!

G

Unregistered
I just had custom intercooler piping done to my car and a new BOV put on (I already had an aftermarket one of before) and everytime i stop accelerating or i put my clutch in my car stalls, it starts up again fine, but continues to stall. I've checked all my piping and all seems fine. When i am driving it doesnt miss a beat, but as soon as i chuck my clutch in it stalls, any suggestions?

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Not sure about this for the Leggy's but my brother had this problem with his skyline because the BOV would release to atmosphere instead of back through the air intake. It confused the ECU. Does it idle smoothly or is it always chasing trying to find it's idle point? A blip of the throttle used to stop his stalling when quickly stopping after a gut full. Blip with clutch in. I am sure others on here will have more ideas, probably posted before I get this post up!

G

Unregistered
It idles fine, but if you give it a rev to 3-4 grand it dies or nearly dies

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Swap out the new BOV for the OEM one and see if it still does it. If it doesn't I'd guess that the spring on the BOV is set to weak and it venting to much.

G

Unregistered
Found the problem it was a pinched vacuum line thanks guys

Top Bottom