help needed ECU PROBLEMS

LYNDON

Idling at the Lights
First Name
LYNDON
Drive
1997 VR4 GALANT
Hey guys need some help, got a ECU off a vr4 today its plastic with 7202 chip in it, the guy told me i can exchange it with mines a metal 7201 chip.

His car has no traction control and AYC mines has ,when i plug his ecu in my car everything works fine ,but when i put my ECU in his car, the check light comes on and i keep geting 2 codes 71,72 traction control solenoid

What can i do to get the codes off?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
First off Lyndon, make sure you use some punctuation so we can understand what you are getting at :)

I'm assuming you are switching the ECU's and getting error codes in a car with traction control, when the car the ECU came from DID NOT have traction control?

If that is the case, simply remove the TCL fuse to disable the system, clear the codes and see if they come back.... The car has 4WD and AYC, you don't need traction control as well :p

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hmmm, I though TCL, AYC and such have their own ECU which sits on top the the engine ECU? Is in it (not that I doubt you Dawso hehehe)?

Coz I was reading this and it has a pin for TCL.

Or I am totally wrong I need a bitch slap. :D

G

Unregistered
TCL/AYC ecu are separate to engine ecu but the systems are all linked. He needs a different ecu that supports TCL/AYC. Your one won't work

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Will it not work even if the system is disabled Pete?

G

Unregistered
It will work but you will have the engine light on permanently . You won't know if there is a problem with another system

Top Bottom