Help with Apexi Neo install

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Valmes?! Holy **** dude, haven't seen you on here in ages! How did your VR4 end up?!

That is one extremely useful link too, thanks!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Kind of sealed the deal for me. I was thinking of removing the NEO and going to a Miniceptor.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Do I have to read all 11 pages or can someone tell me what they are doing about the older models with the dodgy Karmen sensor...?

G

Unregistered
To cut the story short - don't invest in NEO for now... untill they get rid of that "Karman bug"...

PS: Nothing major with my car... still driving it around, at 1-1.3 bars... :)

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Bit late for that <_<

Maybe I can find someone without a mitsi that wants a neo, then I'll go find an SAFC-II. Or I could wait...

I just read all 11 pages, looks like they are close to a result, but that won't help us in Australia :(

G

Unregistered
install looks good pete.. i was going to go the SAFC II now im doing that for sure..

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Checked the firmware and it matches the effected units. Seems like every unit since production start has been effected. Luckily only those cars using KARMAN sensors have the issue.

G

Unregistered
Which are all kinds off: Lancers, GTO/3000GT, Galants, Diamantes etc. Most Mitsubishi cars use Karman from the factory...

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Checked the firmware and it matches the effected units. Seems like every unit since production start has been effected. Luckily only those cars using KARMAN sensors have the issue.

I meant "lucky" for Apexi the problem seems to surf only when the KARMAN sensor is used to change the air flow values. All other types of sensors are unaffected.

So yes it affect us, both Legnums and Galants and if I understand it correctly most if not all "Mitis" vehicles use the KARMAN vortex sensor. Please correct and add more info if your more knowledgeable in this area.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Hey guys, after reading this thread, got some confidence of installing my AFC. I would like to ask for some help please.

Now, the question is which wires goes where. I mean, how do it wire it up? the manula says

Red - power
Green - RPM Sig
Gray - throttle
Brown - Ground
Black - Ground
Pink - Air Flow out put
Orange - air flow in put

then, we have this (quote from other thread. um.. could not find Kats full version.)
VR4ECUPinoutSpeedsensor.jpg

well, just want to confirm what to connect to what:confused:

also, the manual shows pink and orange sort of not connected. Does it mean i connect them when i turn it on? (bumm my question does not make sense but you know what i mean..)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
G

Unregistered
Green connects to RPM signal on connector 3
Gray to Throttle position signal on connector 4
Cut the Karman signal line and connect pink and orange the correct way between the wire you have cut.

Do not attempt to start the car until you have configured the SAFC to the Karman signal option and the other options.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
also... wasn't there an issue with Neo not being able to work with the karman frequency properly?

not trying to put you off Jono, just a heads up..

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Thanks guys, another project for next weekend. mine is the old old one, apexi s-afc first generation thing so it would be interesting how it goes~.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Two quick dumb questions again, what would be a appropriate distance of brown and black wires? also, when i connect the wires, is "bit of strip, add the wire and soldering, and electric tape" ok? or id it best to cut them and then join three (one is cut, so becomes two) better option?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
If you add wire use the same type of wire. By this I mean a wire which has the same electrical value and the same number of strands. You will also need to keep it short. When cutting and soldering just be sure you get a nice clean solder connection. I always cut and solder, I only ever add wire if I have to as it increases the chances of something stuffing up and electrical issues are a bitch to trace and correct.

Top Bottom