Help with Apexi Neo install

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I installed the apexi neo in my car as per instructions on clubvr4 and now my engine warning light is staying on. Anyone who could help it would be much appreciated .Thanks Pete_D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i assume you've followed the instructions on wiring it up.. how about the initial configuration?

that's what happened to my car as well when i incorrectly configured it..

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I went through the initial config , setting the number of Cylinders and the Throttle position.

Started the car this morning and the engine warning light came on and stayed on. Because I had to go out I cut all the wires and reconnected to Karmen sensor wires. Car then started and ran without a problem.
I'll have to tidy up the wiring harness then have anther go at it.

Christian seeing as you've done it before would could you help me out and double check the wiring. Once it's done correctly run through the initial configuration again. Hopefully this time it'll work correctly.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
yeah, definitely can help you with that.. but won't be til saturday morning.. im back to work from tomorrow morning.. :(

G

Unregistered
I have the safc 2 and had a similar problem as I hadn't saved the settings properly and it always reverted back too the default values rather than being set for karmen input.might just be that

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Its most likely the Karman sensor wire Peter, mine did the same thing. i re-checked it and found the connector was not quite in. no probs since then.
How's she running?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
It'll be the weekend before I get around to redoing the install. As I said in my earlier post I was in a rush to get going so I just clipped the wires. The manual is is in the usual JAP-ENGRISH so it's a bit hard to understand. As Thomo said I don't think it saved the settings. I'll fix up the wires and redo the install with Chris either Saturday arvo or Sunday. I'll contact you directly Chris and we'll work out a time and date.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i didnt have this problem setting up mine, but the install instructions said to make sure you reset the settings before starting the car (theres an option called 'initialize' which is engrish for reset :)) and you then go through and do the rest...

if i remember right, the problem i had is that when i was looking at the wrong ecu diagram occasionally (kept glancing at the one below which looked awefully similar) but when rechecking the wires made sure they were all right. the only wire you cut is the karman one (signal from air flow meter), but im assuming you know that. the rest just splice wires for the readings.

Christian is a pro with all that stuff, so you should have it all sorted come saturday/sunday. Another thing to check is make sure you had only the karman one connected, and you had the ins and outs the right way round for the signal from the sensor to the unit and back to the ecu..

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
OK. Re-wired the NEO and currently all looks good. Engine started and NO warning lights this time. Left the car for a while and tried again and it was still all good. Tomorrow I'll tidy up the connections and put everything back together again. But I'll make sure it'll still start and run without any warning lights. I'm a little embarrassed to admitted but I got the Karman wires arse about face. Should have doubled checked. But in my own defence I was pretty well stuffed as I'd been working on the car doing various jobs all day.
Next task is to hook up the MBC and get the car tuned. Then we wait for a decent FMIC kit to become available.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Apexi Neo Install

Ok a couple of pictures of the final product. Don't worry about the "Wire Tap Connectors" they're just a temporary measure.

PetesLeggy012.jpg

Drivers side foot well.

PetesLeggy013.jpg

Passengers side foot well.

PetesLeggy016.jpg

Hidden final product.

PetesLeggy014.jpg

Usual position also powered off.

PetesLeggy015.jpg

Powered on.

Choose to set it up like this because after it is tuned I don't plan to be playing with the settings at all.

NickTee

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nick
Drive
dirty silvia
How much did you pick one of these up for Peter? I plan on getting one in the future.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Got it from an Australian distributor on eBay.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Pete, is everything working fine now?

Seems like QLD Dyno Day will be a challenge :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
All seems good. Need to get a high flow cat on the car as the one installed is pretty small. Interested to see the difference between untuned and tuned.

G

Unregistered
Any recommendations on where to get an AWD dyno run?
Don't want to pay a fortune just for a run.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Shane, we do have a planned dyno day on the 19th of next month.. i suggest you go into this link

Top Bottom