Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hi all,

Im presently looking for a Subaru Liberty GT Wagon, and to be honest, there is sweet FA Australia wide at the moment, HOWEVER! I have come accross a nice car located at Madill Motors in Noosa(ville).

Details of the car are here:Clicky Link

Im hoping one of our great QLD members can help me out and have a look at the car for me! I dont know if any of you live that way, but going on the dealers word for vehicle condition scares me, BUT I am willing to travel for the right car, and this seems to fit the bill.

What I'm hoping for is someone can inspect the car for me, take quite a few hi-res photos to email to me, and give me their impression of the car, the quality of the body/interior and impression of the dealer.

Thanks for helping/looking!

Cheers
Lee

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Subaru! what are you doing... I came from there and would never go back :p No, they are good cars, liberties are especially well built.

I cant promise anything at this stage; but if the mrs is keen for the drive, I might be able to take a looky for you on the weekend. Take some hi res photo's and what not.

If any other members in the sunny-coast region are free to do this, by all means; but come the weekend if no one has been able to; I'll see what I can do.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
lee,im the only leggy in noosa,ill check my roster and see when i can get down there for you,if not ill go on saturday if i can.

i even know a couple guys that work there

ill get back to you

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
James, that would be fantastic, thanks!
Based on the guys you know who work there, what sort of condition are their cars generally in? And how well treated? Looking for essentially car suitable for new car buyer I guess as I can be quite fussy.

Cheers
Lee

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
well i managed to get round there today on my lunch break,spent most of my time there just looking for the damn car,madills is basically a toyota and holden dealership so i thought it would be easy.theyre very respectable,probably the best in noosa,biggest by far,both my mates work on the toyota side,not as dealers.and the car is on the other side.

my girlfriend just got a brand new yaris from them and theyre good with it,service all the time,

regarding the car,its basically immaculate.i didnt have much time so i just got a few photos,i was gonna get photos of any marks or anything on the car but i didnt find a single scratch or blemish on it.well ill tell you the rest in email.im just trying to figure out how to put pictures off my dads camera onto the computer

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
James,

Thanks so much for heading down and having a look for me - much appreciated! Based on the photo's you've sent me it confirms what the dealer was telling me. I was able to get the original owner to contact me too (one owner car) and got the full rundown on the vehicle from an unbiased point of view.

Overall seems like a great car so I may well be making a trip to Noosa soon (pending my wifes approval). When/If I do, I'll have to catch up and buy you a beer ;)

Cheers

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well I'm buying the car (pending final inspection)

I'll be flying up to Bris airport then driving up to Noosa to finalise the deal. Google maps is telling me it'll be a 2hr20min drive, is this right? I've found its usually generous with its times so thought I would ask the locals.

Cheers
Lee

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
oh and 3.5 hours from noosa to coolangatta (loookin for cheapest flight/hire car deal at the moment) is this right?

Thanks

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah those times sound about right, the gateway is generally awful at the moment though so it could take a lot longer than that to get from Noosa to Coolangatta.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
nah its an hour and a half max from the airport to that caryard.im still trying to send those large pictures to you but it never works,they sit there trying to upload for half an hour at a time,then before it even finishes the second picture it stuffs up

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
James,

IF its working out to difficult with the photo's, dont worry about sending them. I appreciate that you went and had a look for me and based on your description matching the dealer, I'm pretty happy.

Lee, that's what I was worried about with roadworks etc. I'll just go in and out of brisbane, just means another $80 on airfairs, but well worth it in my time ;)

Will let everyone know when I'm up there - James definately need to buy you a beer at lunch time if you're free ;)

Cheers

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well I'll be in Brisbane/Noosa next Wednesday March 11

Land in Brisbane at 8am, fly out at 5pm. Getting a hire car (not sure which car yet) BUT I'll be at the dealer about 10am, so should be all done around lunch time. James will you be free to catch up for lunch? wouldn't mind buying you a beer (or softy if no alcohol policy at your work) if possible.

Otherwise, It looks like I'll have about 2-3 hours to just laze around noosa for a while - anything worth doing while i'm there?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^Care to elaborate Adam?
I thought Noosa was supposed to be a good place to visit/holiday :confused:

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
well im working but i mite be able to come out for a non alcoholic beverage,after last night i dont think i want any more for a while,lol,doesnt help that the legnum is off the road atm either
theres plenty to do,go for a drive along the river and through hastings street to the river mouth,even go check out the national park and go to the beach,the waters crystal clear up here at the moment,and the weather is still heaps hot.bring your snorkeling gear

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hey James,

is this cyclone supposed to be going any where near Noosa?! Or is it not supposed to head that far south... I hope not! could make for bumpy flights and interesting test driving conditions! :(

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
well its rainy and its supposed to hit hervey bay tonite and that is about 2 hours north of me,but its apparently caloming down a bit too,it was supposed to hit tomoro but ill see what happens i guess,im flying to sydney thrusday as well,should be a rollercoaster of a flight

Top Bottom