Hidden Goodies with your VR4s

G

Unregistered
I think you're all wrong about the card reader. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stick your Wangan Midnight or Initial D arcade game memory cards into it.

maximumtune-cards.jpg

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Side Airbags WTF ?

Side folding mirrors should be standard, my R32 Gts-t had them too.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL Van ;)

Sydo, you have electric FOLDING mirrors??! That's too cool - can you post some close-up pics of them??

Craig, what does your car look like once the roof racks are taken off??? Mine has racks installed too and I've been wondering how easy it would be to take them off and what it would look like. Can you put up a couple of pics??

And picking the locks?? So the car should have come with keys for the racks then? Damn don't think mine has keys either... :(

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I think he had the bars that run side to side, not the stock factory ones that run from front to back.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey if anyone's keen to get rid of their roof racks let me know... We can work out a price or something...

G

Unregistered
Here here, I'm after some roof rails so i can put my bike roof rack on from my other car ...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm pretty sure there are additional supports built into the roof for the racks, as well as holes... so permanent removal would likely be a pain in the ass, besides the fact that they'll occasionally come in handy. I just got excited about the possibility of taking them off when I don't need them, as long as its easy enough and doesn't look horrible when they're off.

So wait to hear from Craig, hopefully with some photos!! :D

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Every legnum that i know has them, mine does, my old 1.8GDI does there was some talk last night that the UK made ones didn't but i'd say every one outta jap land will have them:)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I think you're all wrong about the card reader. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stick your Wangan Midnight or Initial D arcade game memory cards into it.

maximumtune-cards.jpg

Bahahhah!! Great call!!!!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Every legnum that i know has them, mine does, my old 1.8GDI does there was some talk last night that the UK made ones didn't but i'd say every one outta jap land will have them:)

Cool! I was unsure as nobody had mentioned them previously. It's a pretty handy feature for me too - keeps the birds from shitting on my doors.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Holy freaken hell, that's TOO COOL!! I've actually been pondering aftermarket wing mirrors as the stock ones are so boxy, but aftermarket ones won't do THAT now will they?!!

Now just have to work out how to get the remote window winding feature to control the mirrors as well! :D

THANKS SYDO!!! :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Umm I thought almost all cars came with electric folding mirrors??

If you want aftermarket ones, do a search for Ganador. I have a set at home :D

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Ive only seen folding mirrors on jap imports it doesnt appear on any aussie car i dont think (but then thats not really surprising either)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
unknown extra for me was.. a japanese hornet.. dead one though.. found it near the ayc control box.. i should've taken a photo of it..

as to how it got there.. i dont know..

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Actually that's Quarantine, and don't get me started on them... ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The Ganador ones don't fold, or adjust electrically! I don't care though, I'm the only person that drives my car, and once I've got them set I never move them around.

The cynical side of me would say that I've saved a few kg's on the new wing mirrors without motors, maybe I should remove all of the loom related to the power mirrors and save another 300 grams? Ohh and my mirrors are Carbon Fibre :D

Top Bottom