HPI magazine featured VR4 (Issues 96, 98, 100 and 101 so far)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I searched through as I was going to donate some of the double ups. It looks like I've only got an extra issue 97 and 98, I was sure I had more doubles than that...perhaps they've been pilfered already lol

There's VR4 stuff in 96, 97 (intercooler article), 98, 100, 101 and 102. I have missed issue 99, so I don't know if there is anything in that issue.

Dawso, if you want the 97 and 98 just PM me your details and I'll post em up, they're just gathering dust here :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Well I got a nice full side view of my car....the Green Leggie....second page in from memory after the flame shooter...

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
GREAT WRITE UP

Great write up Lee and excellent layout Jace. But I tend to agree with the comment below.

Im not a massive fan of cutting the front impact bar (i think its illegal in SA at least) but its a good write up none the less.

Is it illegal to cut the front impact bar? without additional re-inforcement.

Overall I like the power gains your getting for not much outlay I look forward to the next issues.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
Group buy maybe

I rang Justin the other day top bloke let me say.
I followed up with an email here is his reply I have asked for pricing and group buy discounts. The guys seem really good and they will have a Vic distributor soon.

here is a copy of Justins email reply to my querry!

Hi Bob,
The final prototype piping kit will arrive here on Monday..ish. We will do a final fitment test to confirm, then full production of the pipes begins. All other parts (hoses, brackets etc) are ready. So usually ready with 2 weeks of the final AOK. When this kit arrives, I will break down the parts list and send to you also.
I have checked about the MAX-ROM, we have priorities this and are hopeing to finalise in Mid February due to the enquiry level. I think they had to make some specific changes to suit the VR4, so I will get that detail shortly. Regardless, the power gains seen on the HPI car are still achieveable.
The HDI-SBC-D-EVOLUTION is currently available.
I will keep you informed.
Regards
Justin Cantwell
Hybrid Development International
www.hybrid-power.com

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
When I spoke to the guys at HDI regarding the MAX-ROM just after the HPI mag came out they said it would be ready Mid December. Looks as tho it got pushed back further. I don't really care now as I have a Haltech Miniceptor.

But, they were really helpful and seemed to know their stuff.

Mike

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
HPI

Hey folks,

Brought the new 103 issue today got a spare 100 if anyone wants it I would like to swap it for the first issue I think it was 96-99.

Otherwise I pm me and I will post out to you issue 100.
Issue 100 is part 3: tuning 2. where they are dynoing the car with the mods that have been put on and the new piggyback ecu!

BigH

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Harley
Drive
Was an EVO 8
the article in HPI helped me make the decision to buy a Leggy. Still miss the evo though. I find the Leggy to be a more comfortable drive.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
HPI ARE CLOSE

Hey folks,

HPI are close to getting the kits fully done.

Just has said around March.

Pricing still to be confirmed but kit will be just like in the Mag.

Cheers

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Kinda pointless though if you still have to cut the impact bar...

G

Unregistered
Issue 104 basically the same mod on yours Pauls with the custom pipe

Page 105 - add washers to rear of bonnet and remove rubber strip at rear of engine bay to let enginebay heat out.
I kind of like my panels staying flush to keep it looking good.
Anyone done this to there car?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes but not the Leggy- it does work quite well

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Really? In a previous thread where we discussed this the point was raised that there is so much positive pressure at the rear of the bonnet that you'll probably get air sucking INTO the engine bay instead of exhausting it out. I'd really like to see some air pressure figures from around the engine bay to see just where air is flowing around these engines...

Anyone any good with computational fluid dynamics?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
At speed yes, air will suck back in, but in traffic or at slow speeds it will help

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Issue 104 basically the same mod on yours Pauls with the custom pipe

LOL yeah I know! I was going to post comparison pics. They said that it was too hard to get the pipe to bend at the top, but Beau did it for me:

IMG_0014-1.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Speaking of, weren't you going to find out if he could do (and be interested in) mandrel bent pipes for the rest of the pipework? Or did I miss your post?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Actually...I don't think I ever asked him *slaps forehead*

Next time I'm down that way I'll ask as he's almost impossible to get on the phone. The next time I'll be there will be a few things going on at once, so I'll make sure he CADs (for lack of a better term) everything he makes as it'll be the rest of the pipework (including Y pipe), the split dumps and front pipes.

Top Bottom