Hydraulic bonnet lifter

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
G'day fellows,

as I got so many response to the black side indicators I thought we go one step further and add one more "german" item, which I haven't seen over here!

HYDRAULIC BONNET LIFTERS

I came up with this idea when we had the last WA photoshooting, I saw a couple of lifters on the german ebay platform, so I contacted the seller with a few questions and requested a few more photos! One lifter has 375Nm! 2 then 750Nm.

What the seller promised in his ebay auction: no extra holes necessary, easy installation, installation guide with pictures. If I order more then 10 sets, I can deliver them to your door for just $95! (interstate)

But before we order anything, I need your help. Could you please check the attached photos if they would really fit?

92su-1i.jpg

92su-1j.jpg

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
That woud be some cool rice - is it swich powered or as soon as you "pop" it goes up?

I would love one! - RICE RICE RICE

Does he have Tailgale lifters? - iv seen one japanese fellow that had it and damn that looked cool.

Cheers
Tomas

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Regarding the angle I would say NO, it's like the tailgate, needs a bit help at the beginning...

But I personally hate this standard rake! So many nice engine bays but this awful thing to keep the bonnet up!

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
I have a pair of gas lifters of a Diamante (Magna?) that I'm planning to use if I can make them fit. Pretty similar to this.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
They look damn cool but I need to spend money on parts which are actually important right now :(

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
sounds cool, what car are they on there ?

i would be interested.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
They are on an EAO Galant (2.0 - 2.5V6) doesn't matter, we all have the same bonnets! I get some more photos in a higher resolution/quality tomorrow!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
check out TGC, alot of 8G owners there are using them.. it's one of those things that I want, but not in a hurry to get it..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Tom need a good quality (ie not blurry) photo of the mounting point on the bonnet so we can see exactly where it fits with ours - as I said in Scarborough I think at least two holes will need to be drilled. Even so, I'm very keen!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Here we go... large/quality pictures!

92su-1k.jpg

92su-1l.jpg

Please say they fit without drilling new holes!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If you do this, you just have to get the genuine Tein ones. That's the ultimate useless Japanese accessory. Cool!

G

Unregistered
Looking at my bonnet, you will definitely have to drill some holes, there is no other point to mount them.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Not to hard to mount, just drill the holes, use some nut-serts, jobs done. If anyone in vic is keen to do this I'll help.

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
These are awsome! I used to have some on the rex. Best money i ever spent, no more juggling hot bonnet and that stupid metal pole. If this goes ahead i'm definitely in for 1!

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
why does the headline in the ebay listing say 93 - 03 yet the pictures and comments below are for 8g galants and they said they are designed for 99 - 2003 model there. and arent 96 - 2003 all the same as far as bonnet and guards ???

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I think you'll find the '99 to '03 may be the USDM galant series release? As for '93, maybe that was a typo? I don't care too much just as long as they fit!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Will order at least one pair for me in the next couple of days. Anyone else interested? PM me! Price to your door $85 if we got 10+ orders, otherwise $95. (price is for the lifters at the beginning of this thread, set price from the red Galant is ~$140-$150)

Top Bottom