1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
^^ Thanks for the input guys ^^ $170 for those MAX6181...might hold off for the meantime and do a test with my stock ones with a multimeter.
Read up on testing the ignition leads using the multimeter by setting the meter on 20k ohms and putting the + and - on either ends of the ignition leads.
Not sure what resistance number (for stock leads) I need to watch out for when the multimeter comes back with a result.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ice leads are a lot cheaper then that, cant remember the price exactly. And they do fit, one of the leads only just makes it though.

chiliie

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
john
Drive
99 legnum VR4
I paid $90 for my ICE leads..
Went to the shop and said I was a member on this site...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
haha, I had top gun leads running 18psi of boost, they were fine till the plugs broke down a bit, new plugs and again they were fine. Aamirs car was runnig 16.5psi or something too with the NGK leads that meek sell. Nothing beats coil on plug though.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Whoever orders ICE leads next, ask them to make them a centimetre or two longer. The last set I saw barely reached one of plugs.

I'm thinking of contacting ICE to order some leads, is it a 1-2 cm longer for the furthest lead only or make the whole set 1-2cm longer?

G

Unregistered
Plug #6 (front-right) was a tad bit short for me (the big red arrows). As you can see, the lead pulls a bit going around the bend, and ends up sitting on top of the middle plug's lead.

front-bank.jpg

Not really a biggy - nothing is going to break - but just a couple more centimeters give would have been better. Doesn't help to have one lead sitting right on top of the other either (that's what the separators are for).

Cheers.

Ahh.... so kleen :D

front-bank.jpg

G

Unregistered
Actually, I'd say get a couple more cm on both front-right _and_ front-middle leads.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Thanks for the clear info Mike, will pass it on to ICE when I do my order.

update: just shot an email of to ICE asking for 1.5-2cm extension of the middle and right hand side leads. lets wait and see what they say. Was tempted to ask for blue leads but i think i
i'll be pushing my luck :)

PSI-S12

Crunching Gears
First Name
Will
Drive
Legnum/180SX/Silvia
Has anyone had experience with ULTRA leads on a Legnum before?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ULTRA-SI...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c25a8f372

I used ULTRA leads on my FJ20's back in the day, and they were really really good.

In the eBay ad, looks like the packaging contains 3 leads, and couldn't find any info on how many leads they come with, could get expensive if it's $114 +$39 per 3 leads =/ but from experience I'd say it'd be worth it to run these leads!

Will.

PSI-S12

Crunching Gears
First Name
Will
Drive
Legnum/180SX/Silvia
Correction, seems I went full retard. There's 4 leads in that package in the picture, probably display picture only. $153 for 6 ULTRA leads sounds good to me! It used to be $120 for 5 (external coil included) for my FJ20 from Japan...

G

Unregistered
I know nothing about those Ultra leads, but for the price ICE charges, having a custom designed hand-built set of leads for cheaper sounds like a much better deal to me. And yes, we run a wasted spark setup so just the 3 leads needed.

Top Bottom