Ignition Leads

PSI-S12

Crunching Gears
First Name
Will
Drive
Legnum/180SX/Silvia
Ahhhh... ok well there you go. I might have a chat to the guys at ICE then :) Cheers guys!

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Response I got from Michael over at ICE. Credit card or EFT bank transfer. Price still at $110 for ozvr4 members (minus freight) and very easy to deal with.

Leads are ready to send. Do you have a contact number I can put on the parcel?? Also, you can let the forum members know that all leads sets in future will feature the 2cm extra on those two leads. Better to be a bit long than short!

Anything else, let me know.

Cheers.

Michael.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
So I've read through the entire thread and I am still a little unsure.

What is the concensus? ICE or NGK?

And how many do I need to order and what's the respective part number(s)?

Thanks guys!

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Call Ice and speak to Michael and tell him your from Ozvr4. The price is $110 not inc delivery. Pretty sure i got the last set, he had in stock lol!

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
So why are the ICE leads better than the NGKs?

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
"The quick summary - ICE make low resistance ignition leads for the VR4 - the cabling the leads are manufactured from uses a 2000Ω/m (2,000 ohm per metre) core. I've tested a set and they come out at 1428Ω, 1763Ω and 1844Ω from shortest to longest. The stock cables are somewhere in the range of 15,000Ω/m. Alternatively, NGK Japan do some rated at 900Ω/m, which can be purchased from Meek for $200 a set. The ICE leads are $132 RRP, but mentioning you're from OzVR4.com should get you a set for $110 (plus shipping, if required). ICE is located in Cheltenham, Victoria and you can contact Michael on (03) 9532 6000 or email iceignition at bigpond.com."

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?10402-ICE-Ignition-Leads&highlight=ice*

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
So what you're saying is the more ohms per metre the better? I don't understand why NGK would make a product inferior to the factory units :/

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Cheers for the straight answer Chris :)

Now does anybody have an NGK part number for the leads?

G

Unregistered
I would reserve any opinion on the ICE leads vs NGK until I saw a set of NGK leads dissected.

Generally the overall construction of mass-produced leads is pretty poor, for example to attach the lead to the boot they basically just jam a screw up the core and hope it makes decent contact.

Whereas with the ICE ones the lead runs all the way through the boot down to the plug and are firmly attached to the connector.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Yeah I was only referring to the rating on the cable used, cant really comment on construction, I haven't seen them side by side either.

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
The NGK comes as a 6 pcs. / Set. But the Ice ones have only 3 leads! We only need 3 as we run wasted spark setup.

G

Unregistered
I dropped into ICE today and spoke to Michael about the length of the leads. Actually, I dropped off ones that originally came in my car from Japan. So he's going to compare the lengths to what he has on record and get back to me next week.

I changed some leads on the weekend and the shortest lead just made it, if it were even only a few mm shorter it wouldn't have stayed plugged into the coil pack. This was despite him asking for them to be a little longer. So hopefully this will put the whole issue to bed.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Got the bill for my NGK Power Cables ex-Japan yesterday.

$139.72 including postage via EMS through Jesse Streeter. Really not sure why people are whinging over the price compared to the ICE leads :/

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Prob nothing to do with price but with the quality. Sure NGK make some good stuff yeah, but the ICE leads are much better in quality.

Top Bottom