Insurance: NRMA Classic Car comprehensive cover, anyone from here signed up?

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
As some of our cars are approaching 15 y.o (mine already is as it's a 97 model) our cars are becoming eligible as a 'modern classic'

Nrma's product is new.....after some feedback from follow VR4 owners as the cost is 1/3 of the amount they charge when it's listed under their general insurance.

I'm a little skeptical about their assessors knowing about our cars when it comes to repairs.

Blue legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joe
Drive
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport , 65 Mustang 351w
Anyone else can shed some light on what NRMA has to offer??
I'm with Shannon's & it's costing over $1000+ for comprehensive insurance!!!
Wouldn't mind saving a few $$$$$...
Anyone else!!!!!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Well I was with NRMA when I had my Leggy and am still with them...by far the cheapest and they automatically cover all mods provided the car is roadworthy..thats the only part im a little skeptical about...but I'm hoping i will never have to claim :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
My legnum was with them as market value and they payed me out 14k for it. When I went to insure my galant they would only do agreed value 10k.
So they wont pay out as much as some other insurers but at $700 a year premium I can live with that.

Blue legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joe
Drive
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport , 65 Mustang 351w
mmm... This sounds promising may have to give them a call for a quote!!!
Save some $$$$ more $$$$ for mods... :drool:

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
My legnum was with them as market value and they payed me out 14k for it. When I went to insure my galant they would only do agreed value 10k.
So they wont pay out as much as some other insurers but at $700 a year premium I can live with that.

But Chris if you go on their website and get a quote you can choose an agreed value up to 17K or smth..definitely more than 10k though...

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I dunno, maybe because mine is 97 model? They wouldnt give me better then 10 when I signed up

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
yeah im with justcar and im insured for 10k on my galant too, i pay $984 a year but i cant complain for under 25.

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
Same I'm 20 and i pay $500 a year with justcar, insured the same, $10,000 on the Legnum

Top Bottom