joe's mod update

G

Unregistered
justin thanks for that info dude im using a normal batery vented out of the car..
im going a little crazy im on hollidays and i have a heap of time on my hands but no cash to do any mods.. its killin me

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
*laughs* If you're REALLY bored, you can figure out how to reinstall my turbo timer and hook up the Pioneer Carrozerria LCD screen back up... swap Legnums? :D

(I suck at electrical work, by the way)

G

Unregistered
if you need to have a look at mine cause i have the same head unit as you gav.. tt aint that hard..

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
we need an update Joe, what is on the go? Where is this all at?

G

Unregistered
shut up bloke.lol ill get around to it after next week

G

Unregistered
ok well got some work done with the help form nick, fmic and pipes are in, catch can relocated and cold air box 3/4 complete.
mod list:
momo steering wheel
short shifter
turbo smart MBC
3" cat back zorst
blitz BOV
blitz pod
blitz boost gauge
custom cold air box
custom radiator shroud
custom 3" T304 stainless steel fmic pipes
600X300X76 fmic core
catch can
tanabe coil overs
HID's
hks platnum and iridium plugs
battery relocation
HKS turbo timer.
i think thats it, prob missed a few things..
mods comming are: slotted and cross drilled rotors, new tires, and safc these are going on this week...
bigger mods are planed just taking it easy for the moment...
fmic1.jpg

momo.jpg

and these are comming!!!!
td04s.jpg

nick has more photos of the fmic install so i hope he can put more detailed pics up for me..

G

Unregistered
sorry for the shit quality photos, and the cooler pipes are still dirty i didnt have enuf time to wash them with the acid

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
img6300smallrv3.jpg

img6302smallvu1.jpg

img6305smallqg6.jpg

img6306smallvz4.jpg

img6312smallmy6.jpg

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
what are they joe cant make out in photo

TD04L's off XT Forester!
These need the STi actuators and one needs some oil feeds.
Other than that, perfect, ready to go!

Get the ECU, Fuel pump, injecs, AVCR and lets see how they go! lol

This thing is already Hella fast! Can't wait Joe!

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
noticed you have tanabe coilovers,what do u think of them?are they good quality worth recommending?

G

Unregistered
james hell yea, but if you have the coin go tein's. i think the rebound rate is better in tein's.. when i put my coilovers on full stiff its a little softer than nicks car witch has tein's..
yea im getting there. i got my SAFC, now just need to install and tune. with the TD04's im not going to waste my time getting the metal replacement oil and coolant lines, im just doing all my lines in braid(oil and coolant).. the car feels great, as i said it now needs a tune and then ill post power figures..

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Well done mate! Did you and Nick do all the welding yourselves? Looks really professional. Love that air box. Have you got a cold air pipe coming up from the fog light vent?

I reckon that 300awkw ambition isn't far off with those TD04's!:D

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Excellent work guys! Do keep us all in the loop from start to finish. I've got 3 x td04's in storage at the moment, but unfortunately my income from the stock market is currently non existent... I've even got a mate who's very eager to see it happen and wants to lend me the cash to make it happen.. and I'm gonna be overseas for 10 weeks come October where the car will be available AND Rpw says they'll happily take the project on.... all very tempting I tell u. Good luck.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Will do guys.
This is Joe's machine, I am just standing on the side telling him he NEEDS to do it! lol
Mainly becuase I wanted to, but I have to sell mine because of the wife! SO I kinda NEED it also!
Plus mine is auto. These sorts of mods need to be done to a manual.

Very keen to get the two turbo's on. Joe has got some good ideas on how to sort out the radiator fans etc. Clutch is the next thing on Joe's list I am pretty sure.

I will post up a pic of the BOV setup, it looks lovely!

G

Unregistered
thanks guys, nick, thanks again cause you have helped me a hell of alot, even before this car you helped with things on the foz.
the TD04's will take some time but as nick says clutch is next because its almost shagged..

josh cant take credit for the welds as i dont have a welder YET! a guy i know did it for me..
im very happy the way the car is turning out and it is responding to the mods very well..

Top Bottom