joe's mod update

G

Unregistered
nice cant wait to see all these animal legnums..
all my mods paid off as i run my PB at winton raceway of 1.46.63min am so stoked, so need avcr cause mbc's are poo, kept getting cut.. also the stock rads are poo..

G

Unregistered
yea a little, it was going 3/4 up on the stock heat gauge after 3 hard laps.
while i was running i just eased up a little and the heat droped strait away..
was not too bad just wanna be able to do 4-5 hard laps with out over heating..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
mine has always done something similar to that, heated up on the track when on power then cooled down through corners

G

Unregistered
has it done it with the new radiator in??
im doing evo4-6 rad with slim fans..
a mate of mine has a evo 6.5 TME and that thing does not move from 89degrees on the track..

the new disks held up great but i need new pads, project mu are in my mind..

G

Unregistered
let me know how you go, it should hold up well.. or if i do the mod and get it on the track before you ill let you know.lol

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
hehe cool :) The other possibility is that our radiators are simply a bit old and sludged up

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
hehe cool :) The other possibility is that our radiators are simply a bit old and sludged up

Also bear in mind that our engines are a lot bigger and heavier that a 2L 4cyl and evo 4-6 rads are double core thickness.

G

Unregistered
nah i dont think its that brad, i had my rad fully cleaned out and aluminum bathed bout 8months ago and i flushed and cleaned the outside just 2months ago.. i just think plastic end tanks + small core = poooo

next track day im getting swaybars H brace and semi slicks, and i want to have the car tuned with SAFC and AVCR so i dont get any stupid cut problems..
im aiming for sub 1.45.000
i think i will get this as the semi's will do a hell of alot..

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
"- Any changes you make to "Live" videos, including deleting them, will take several hours to be reflected on the site."

This is what it was saying on the google video site.

STD BY.......

It's up now - where was the commentary Nick? :)

Is there more to come?

G

Unregistered
oh no it looks like im a crap driver.lol
this was my first run so i was not that confident at that stage.. as the day went on there was alot more apex's being hit properly and quicker corners...
cant wait to get out there again..

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
It's up now - where was the commentary Nick? :)

Is there more to come?

I am a strong believer in letting viewers listen to the engine in Videos!
I hate music and people talking...."that was sick bro...I heard da BOV". lol

So the first lap (Joe's warm up lap) I said nothing while recording. I then turned the camera off, wound the Stezza up, put the window down and FATARMED it around the track! jk

Nah Joe did really well, his car is pulling really well, it needs semi's and I would look at a rear sway bar coupled with some adjustable strut tops to get a little more camber on the front end.

The AYC sure did earn it's keep, quite a few times Joe had the rear left tyre on the ripple strips while having the foot firmly pressed against the firewall!

I am uploading some more video now. I will post up on Joe's first post once I have them all up. The next one is where Joe comes into the last "S" bend and coming out of the corners and up over the finish line, Joe spanks an S2000!

Well done Joe!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
lol at the S2000, they are so slow! I passed one with a 50-60kmh speed difference at Pukekohe. I thought the car had blown up or he was slowing down for a cool down lap.

Anyway I asked him afterwards (he didn't know what car I was driving) and he seemed happy with his 170kmh...Until I told him that my 5 seat station wagon cruised passed him at about 230kmh that is!

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
The Honda S2000 can be really wild as soon a you add a turbo kit to them, just google it and see the results people have been getting with them, very fast. Standard though I can't see why you'd even bother?

G

Unregistered
i have nothing against a good NA VTEC, i love them.. that day was so much fun i cant wait to do it again..
thanks nick for putting up the vids as my one is shit cause my mate rob cant take vid for shit..

semi's are closer than i thought, had some great news today... wont give away anything as yet cause it could fall through from lack of funds..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
1:46 is an amazing time around Winton on street tyres, well done. Very impressed. That's about the times I want mine to run eventually. Come to the Maserati club day next Winter - I'll be there! We head up with a group of cars from Ballarat every year for that day. There's also a Maserati club day at Sandown coming up - highly recommended by everyone who has done it.

Looks like I'll be doing a radiator upgrade before I hit the track though. I can't stand seeing the temp rise...

Top Bottom