Not open for further replies.

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1996 VRG Galant->1996 Galant VR4->2002 Galant GLS->1998 Galant VR4
Hey guys

Wondering if any of you have any videos or pictures of yourself launching your VR4's? Or doing 4WD Helis? Ill try and post a video of me and my mate doing a 4WD heli in the backstreets of New Zealand.

G

Unregistered
...who said you had to do them somewhere illegal?

ps. you don't have to hold your steering wheel at full lock to do heli's, that is how you will kill a PS pump in any awd car.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
...who said you had to do them somewhere illegal?

ps. you don't have to hold your steering wheel at full lock to do heli's, that is how you will kill a PS pump in any awd car.

Point 1.... Very true but its less fun

Point 2..... Tried and tested (Obviously not at full lock though) :)

G

Unregistered
yes i did.. if he wants to do them in back streets, good on him.. doesn't mean everyone else has to though.

G

Unregistered
i think someone filmed me doing it and nothing happened to the diff or the steering pump. And launching is easy 5500rpm and off the clutch, time to leave lines

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Can someone actually do these? I have an Auto and have booted it a heap of times and got the ass end loose but even with crap tyres it doesn't last long...
Really didn't think there would be enough grunt to pull off some donuts...

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I used to do doughies in my Peugeot 505 which was gutless and it was still a piece of cake. All you need to do is just floor the loud pedal at the start of the spin, while holding the wheel at near or full lock and then just keep pumping it at the right time. Might be a bit harder on these cars because of all the gear designed to make them go straight like AWD, AYC etc etc

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I want to practice take offs, so when at the drags i can get better times!

Whenever I've tried to do quick launches, more often than not the car bogs and then takes off LOL.. Doesn't make for good times doing that =/

In the Liberty, you drop it above 2500 or something and the car makes bad noises haha..

G

Unregistered
auto - stand on brake and accel (and i do mean stand on the brake, you'll need a bit of force)

manual - clutch in, rev to 7k, drop clutch.

NinjAClowN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Vr-4 96 galant
If you dont mind giving your transmission a bit of a flogging you can allways just put it in neutral and sit it on about 7grand and pop it into drive hahahahaha

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
BAM! oh whats that back down the road there? your transmission? ah well dont need it anymore :p

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Back when I first got my red P's I gave so much shit to my old Peugeot 505's gearbox it was unbelievable. Out near my mates farm I have never seen a gearbox take so many Neutral to drive launches and it never missed a beat. The poor old thing had done 500,000km (or more, odo stopped) and took like a year of everything I could throw at it before the radiator cracked or something similar and I got rid of it. Gearbox was still tip top but. Tough old car. took a long time to die.

G

Unregistered
If you dont mind giving your transmission a bit of a flogging you can allways just put it in neutral and sit it on about 7grand and pop it into drive hahahahaha

uhhhh no, that is a very stupid idea...

you'll get a better launch stalling it against the torque converter, as you can build boost too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom