LAUNCHING/4WD HELI'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
I should try and record the launches and some donuts up here in the snow.
Mind u 2 weeks back left the internet cafe at about midnight and was snowing a bit earlier.
I jumped in the car and road looked ok but it had frozen over . I took of and maybee when I hit 30kms or so the car just went wwhhhoooo and did a 180 on me.
I get the car side ways and lighting up 3 bars everyday here as some roads take ages to dry the snow up and nothing more fun then getting the car sideways at slow speeds.
At high speeds and snowy conditions u might as well be a pannel beater.

G

Unregistered
For the Auto's I still think brake and hand brake at the same time to hold it like the stagea used to launch at full boost if you got it right.
Then both brakes off the the same time while the rev's are 4000+ . If you have good brakes then maybe not the hand brake you'll just have to see if it creaps or not.
I'd only do it once then let the torque converter cool down before doing it again just to be safe.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
For the Auto's I still think brake and hand brake at the same time to hold it like the stagea used to launch at full boost if you got it right.
Then both brakes off the the same time while the rev's are 4000+ . If you have good brakes then maybe not the hand brake you'll just have to see if it creaps or not.
I'd only do it once then let the torque converter cool down before doing it again just to be safe.

Might not work in a VR4 as it makes too much torque at low revs compared to the stagea.... I could get mine to get very close to 3k with stock brakes but if i even moved the accelerator 1mm it just launched. With the boost guage, you could see it just touching boost at those levels with accelerator application. If you stuck it to the floor though it would just spike to about 14PSI in an instant.... Was good fun :D

Might try the handbrake thing when i get it back but! I'll have to be careful not to rip the brake drum into 1000 pieces though

G

Unregistered
i can hold mine just on the brakes, foot flat on the accelerator holding 14psi at 3,500rpm.

compliance pads and all.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'm locking this thread because we can't discuss acting this dangerously in public areas. We do not condone this sort of behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom