Manifold Pressure Logging (& boost control)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Sorry, been busy with other things.... Finally had some sunshine (my logger hose runs through the window so it can be swapped from car to car, must add another hose to my car) and me driving the correct car this morning. All these graphs are WGDC D set to 80% (100% below 2500), BDEL D maxxed out.

WOT Run
80%WGDC Max BDEL WOT Run.jpg

Constant 2600RPM WOT
2600RPM WOT 80%WGDC Max BDEL.jpg

Constant 3500RPM WOT
3500RPM WOT 80%WGDC Max BDEL.jpg

Constant 4800RPM WOT
4800RPM WOT 80%WGDC Max BDEL.jpg
Constant 3500RPM WOT

Interesting how on the power run at 4800RPM it's only 13ish psi yet on the constantly held run it's 14.6 - 15.5psi so the turbos are still spooling up I guess on the power run and don't keep up with the rate of airflow increase as well I would guess.

The only downside I have seen so far is that it can't prevent wastegate creep like a 3 port can. And I have ways to get you as much boost as you want with this manner, don't worry if you want 25psi and the solenoid at 100% only flows enough for say 18psi (that said you'd want to have played with the internals a bit for that pressure but it could be done and at that point you would use a 3 port anyway).

So a little more testing on this then I'll hook up my 3 port to this ecu output.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
2nd gear, with a bit of braking to keep the ramp up time down a bit. The others were all at around 100km/h in 5th, 4th and 3rd

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
There seems to be adefinit something going on with the engine being cold so nutter john's idea of the c values being for when the engine is cold could ring true, haven't tested it fully yet but without changing anything but the D values it definitely won't make boost cold (still whincing from that test).

Top Bottom