Map sensor

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
Hey,

Found this, and although I haven't tested it or checked it properly, it might be a good guide

Attachments

• Mitsubishi-Legnum-6A13TT-MAF-Eliminate-V1.0.pdf
    93.2 KB · Views: 135

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
So... no one has done anything with this or is this the most complicated way of going about it??

It does note down the bottom that is for off rod/race use only but...?? I know how much more noise mine makes without the MAF plugged in. Truth be told...I actually like it :D just don't think the PO PO would.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I believe this has been done and dusted..

MAP ECU2 were used by some members when alternative programmable ecu's were the only options..

another option is SD.. Speed Density which is also used on EVO engines.. I believe Kenneth SImpson from NZ is testing this

another option is the GM MAF setup which can be installed post turbo and used in conjunction with MAF Translator 2 (3 I think?!)

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I'll be going to gm maf as I want max noise when I put the tdo4's on. Short intake with two pods in airbox enclosure where battery resides now.

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
I honestly just want mine too work is it was designed (^_^) can't though. So, if i can find another that works, ima bolt it on.

So there is boring too straight forward to changing over to anything of a different design. Shame.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
not enough resources for testing.. if you want to really remove your MAF sensor.. you will need to go FULL aftermarket ECU like VIPEC or Autronic

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
not enough resources for testing.. if you want to really remove your MAF sensor.. you will need to go FULL aftermarket ECU like VIPEC or Autronic
That is what I have been reading... certainly not something that is on the books for me at this stage. Thanks mate :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
You can do it with the speed density rom but if money is a constraint just get another factory maf....

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
You can do it with the speed density rom but if money is a constraint just get another factory maf....
That is the direction I am trying to go. Just got to find one.
Thanks mate.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
@AKKO @trotty @slickd1
One of them might, failing that, try mitsfix.
AKKO has already asked me the question and I have checked out MitsFix but, at least on their site, they don't have one. I haven't emailed them though. I'll hit the other guys up :)

Thanks mate.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
sure, I'll have a chat with the bro and check that it isn't one of the parts he needed.

Top Bottom