Metal piping to replace all soft hoses

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I am going in today to Lee's to see how much it will cost to remove all soft hoses and replace with polished metal piping....I will see with and without the intercooler piping done...as it may be cheaper to still get that through the NSW joint.:D

Either that or gonna look at some mags......but that will be a different thread...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
IMO if you want to replace coolant pipes you should only replace with latex, not metal. Coolant pipes need to be able to flex with engine movement and metal pipes will get unbelievably hot!

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Sorry to be a bit clearer I am replacing the pipes similar to the ones Christain did with the kit from the company out your way

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
IMO if you want to replace coolant pipes you should only replace with latex, not metal. Coolant pipes need to be able to flex with engine movement and metal pipes will get unbelievably hot!

latex? thought latex was for bedroom? j/k..

I agree on this.. since the engine jerks as you rev and change gears.. you'll want both of your radiator hoses to be somewhat flexible but non expanding.. also durable..

btw, thought SAMCO makes specific radiator hoses for our car?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Well I have done it...well kinda...I have one side completed but need the otherside of the intercoolerdone that mounts up to the throttel.......problems had occured with Lee's Exhaust..change of address etc BUT I must say even with the one side completed the difference is so noticable it is crazy, the performance feels 40 times better!!

I will put some photo's up when it is completely done
Now just need a complete service and a dyno tune for my SAFC and I will be ready for Dyno Day 2 !!!!! ha ha ha

legnum600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jason s
Drive
2000 legnum
http://www.stuff.co.nz/

1pixel.gif

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-motors/index.htm

document.write("");

1pixel.gif

MITSI LEGNUM VR4 TWIN TURBO~INTERCOOLER PIPING KIT
www.trademe.co.nz MITSUBISHI LEGNUM VR-4 TWIN TURBO ~ Complete High Quality Intercooler Piping Kit ~ for WAGONS & SEDAN

** Get the extra HP out of your VR-4 Twin Turbo that it is capable of **

We are the first to bring this quality complete intercooler kit to VR4 owners & to the New Zealand market. These kits were designed here in NZ and is a complete kit (i.e the piping starts right from each turbo ~ it has high quality billet machined alloy fittings that fits right in the turbos so you can get rid of all factory intercooler piping.)

Intercooler Kit consists of :
PIPING KIT :
~ Quality Aluminium 2.5" Piping (smaller I/D aluminium piping at the turbos)
~ Silicon Joiners
~ Heavy Duty T-Bolt Clamps
~ Brackets on Piping to mount to factory mounting on the motor

INTERCOOLER :
High Quality 600x300x76mm Bar & Plate intercooler (3" in / out)
Support: 300-700ps
Compressed air flow rate:572CFM/300HP 858CFM/500HP
Pressure Drop: 1.5~2.5psi@35psi;0.1~0.3psi@15psi
Hot Air Temp: 0~150C
Top pressure: up to 80 psi

All Our Products Comes with a 12 Months Manufacturers Warranty against any defects.

***NOTE***
To get a custom made Intercooler Kit for a LEGNUM VR-4 here in NZ you will be looking at around $2500 - $3000, and this will not be even right from each turbo.

Click to enlarge

1pixel.gif

About the seller
cnr_yellow2.gif
Payment / shipping

Buy Now
cnr_buyer.gif

Place a bid
cnr_buyer.gif

no bids have been placed on this auction
1pixel_grey.gif

m

m

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^Far out dude, Colours! not a good thing :(

But this is more than just pipes, includes core too... and x3motorsports is working on a kit for us in Aus, search for his thread too ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
the kits seems similar to the one Ivan's selling..

do you know who designed it? and where it's getting manufactured?

if we were to buy a kit from you, how much will the postage cost us?

legnum600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jason s
Drive
2000 legnum
Yeah the kit is for sale on trademe in nz auckland if you click on the pic for more info.

Top Bottom