MMCS English translation disc - Keeps resetting?

G

Unregistered
Hey all,

Takumi (Paul) from WA kindly sent me a copy of the CD to convert the MMCS text to English on screen (and to replace the wallpaper with a brilliant Ralliart VR4 logo!) which for a while did a great job. It unlocked my locked MMCS and all the climate control, sound options etc are in English now.

After a few days of working fine, it has now begun to randomly reset while I'm driving. It goes back to the old wallpaper picture with a Japanese error message and the buttons won't work until it decides to reset back to normal again. It does this every 10 minutes or so!

Anyone had this happen to theirs? I took a photo of the error screen, but the flash has hidden some of the text - if anyone thinks it will help I'll try again to get a better one!

09102007660.jpg

G

Unregistered
Yeah man what u need to do is work out how to set the GPS manual way point. Its a pain in the ass. The GPS needs to know where it is for the system to stay on. When it resets press one of the buttons on the top left, then when the screen stops with just a cross in the middle press the screen. U need to find the options to set GPS point manual. took me a while to figure it out and I can never remember how to get back there. Hopefully Keiran can guide u through the process ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Good to see you're getting there Scott. Would love to check out the MMCS when it's not temperamentally "Engrish" :D

G

Unregistered
it was an option on the entire range,
so some come with them some dont

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Actually more prefacelift cars come with it that facelift cars. It was an option that could be had on any spec of VR-4, apart from the Supers

G

Unregistered
You're a legend Paul, that seems to have worked! I never had the GPS working - the car is now cruising by the Fukuoka seaside!

G

Unregistered
Maybe there is - took it for a drive to the tab to put my winning quaddie on and it started re-setting again.. FUKUOKA!!!

G

Unregistered
try a different spot ... I had that trouble b4, maybe its cause u were to close to the coast and when u were driving u went off the map. Try something more inland .... if u can, its dam hard to work out the buttons to find a manual point.

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
i thought i'd read somewhere, something about disonnecting the GPS arial. think it was on CVR4. anyone done this?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yeah when I got mine the screen would reset itself every few minutes. I disconnected the aerial and it never reset itself ever again. It still seems to know where I am on the map though, driving past a particular motorway interchange sees me going through a golf course every time :)

G

Unregistered
Yeah when I got mine the screen would reset itself every few minutes. I disconnected the aerial and it never reset itself ever again. It still seems to know where I am on the map though, driving past a particular motorway interchange sees me going through a golf course every time :)

Is it easy to disconnect ? Have to check out ClubVR4 for that one I guess ...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
yes it is. On the gps unit on the left side of the boot there is a single cable there which can simply be disconnected.

G

Unregistered
I ordered a car in Japan with the same radio system, of course I would like to
change the language to English.
Where can I receive the cd or where can I download the software ?
Does the problem you described always appear and what can I do against that
problem that it doesn't happen ?
What other problems can appear ?
this is my new car i am from germany
http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?sid=777676

Top Bottom