Motorkhana @ Willowbank - Sunday 24 May

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi,

this is a long shot as not many (any?) of you have a L2S CAMS license, but there's a khanacross (think motorkhana on dirt with some tarmac) out at Willowbank on Sunday.

Anyone want to come out and have a go? It's $40, and you need the standard helmet, long sleeves etc, plus a CTP extension (about $20) from your CTP insurer.

Alternatively, anyone want to come out and watch me? There's the possibility of more pics for the VR4 Carnage thread... :D

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Looks like the Khanacross is off due to weather concerns (apparently the organisers can see the future..??) but they might run a normal motorkhana on bitumen instead. I'll post updated details when I know more.

coops

Crunching Gears
First Name
Chris Cooper
Drive
Legnum vr4
hey lee where did you get your cams license from, what club did you join to get it.... i would love to join in, i cant make this one, so hopefully next time i will be abit more prepared......

coops

Crunching Gears
First Name
Chris Cooper
Drive
Legnum vr4
ewwww holden :wanker: hahahah neways i will join them.... hopefully have everything for next time...

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Just a BUMP to let everyone know that you can get a day license for Sunday so no excuse not to come along and have a go!

You'll just need to ring your CTP insurer and get a Rally Extension for the 24th.

cheers

Lee

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
hmmmmmmm this is sooo tempting. im broke though... if i scrape up some change i might be keen... whats involved? and how much is a day licence?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Do it! I'd say it'll still be wet on Sunday so it shouldn't be too hard on the cars and might even be an advantage for us (4WD FTW!!)

Entry fee is $30, not sure how much a day license is, another $30 maybe?

You can email Keith with any questions: butchy_hsccq@tpg.com.au

CTP extension was $10 with my CTP insurer RACQ.

cheers

Lee

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
thats not bad... and i dont need to be a member of any clubs, i just rock up on the day? im a bit worried about the clicking from my brakes on both sides, pretty sure its my pads hitting the slots, cause it does get more rapid the more i turn the wheel as well. Could be running low :S

Ill let you know - im extremely short on money at the moment... but im very interested :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
thats not bad... and i dont need to be a member of any clubs, i just rock up on the day?

Yep, it's been changed to a 'come n try' event so everyone is welcome, you just need to show the CTP extension letter from your insurer.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I had a really fun day out at Willowbank, and best of all nothing broke!

My intake temp sensor keep working it's way out of the silicon hose I fitted it to but that's easy enough to fix.

One thing I didn't notice was that my power steering didn't seem to be able to 'keep up' with my furious wheel work when changing directions quickly. It was fine and low speed and I don't think anything is broken it just didn't seem to cope with rapid change in direction.

Anyone know what could be wrong? It might just be that the rpm is dropping too low and I need to increase the PS setting in the ECU to keep the revs higher when the PS is engaged...??

There were quite a few people with cameras so I'll post up the vids as they show up.

cheers

Lee

p.s. more people need to come to the next one!!!!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
There's nothing wrong with the PS. It happens on a number of different cars mate ;)

Glad you had fun, it's always good driving home with nothing broken!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
I was and still am completely broke, or id have LOVED to come along. Got a couple minor things to fix on the car before i take it to something like that anyway i spose. Sounds like it was fun, i looked at a couple of videos from previous days too.

Top Bottom