Motorkhana @ Willowbank - Sunday 24 May

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Here's a clip of the little turbo MX-5 doing a course called 'Mothballs'.

Jeremy who's driving is only 12!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
They just posted the results and even though it was a 'non competitive, fun' event, I came 3rd overall (after handicaps) and 1st in the 4WD class - yay for me :D

Luckily Paul in the STI wasn't trying too hard and was trying to drift as much as possible!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
that would be so much fun! def going next time....

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
One thing I didn't notice was that my power steering didn't seem to be able to 'keep up' with my furious wheel work when changing directions quickly. It was fine and low speed and I don't think anything is broken it just didn't seem to cope with rapid change in direction.

Anyone know what could be wrong? It might just be that the rpm is dropping too low and I need to increase the PS setting in the ECU to keep the revs higher when the PS is engaged...??

I was at a skid pan day a few weekends back and noticed exactly this starting to happen in the few runs before my PS pump totally let go.....something I recall you have some experience with! :p

Pain in the arse. On the up side I did get the fastest time of the day on one of the 5 courses....and that was against some stiff competition! :D

Top Bottom